Taliban Ambush from Terry's perspective....

Let's see.........shit drills, bit of flapping, average age 50, one or two porkers and an overall lack of hygeine. Are they the Taliban version of the TA?

Love the guy with the PKM. "Allah Akhbar!" Runs into the open to rain down lead upon the infidels and go out in a blaze of glory and.......oops did I cock it? Nope, is it jammed? I know, I'll stand out in the open while I sort it.

Love the guy with the PKM. "Allah Akhbar!" Runs into the open to rain down lead upon the infidels and go out in a blaze of glory and.......oops did I cock it? Nope, is it jammed? I know, I'll stand out in the open while I sort it.
If they're that bad, how come they can kicking the shit of you people and all your fancy modern weapons?

If you can't beat a bunch of untrained civilians in sandals carrying hundred dollar rifles, who would you like to match your helicopter gunships and artillery against -- a regiment of spear carrying Zulus? The Arsenal supporters' club? An Irish cricket team? Or perhaps a vicious squad of young children supporting international terroism by collecting firewood?

Yep, that's about the British Army's mark these days. Shooting kids. Degraded and disgraced beyond belief.

Z

Zarathustra

wibble wibble wibble
Nice rant there skip licker.

Without knowing what the state of the CS they were engaging it is interesting but does reinforce the stereo type of the Talibs being a bunch of farmers with no major training or understand of basic marksmanship principals. The bloke at 01:43 firing over the large boulder appears to have been lucky not to get a face full when a round appears to ricochet a couple of inches in front of him.

It's unclear how much has been edited from the video as it goes from being pitch black and the camera man using infrared to daylight/dawn in a couple of minutes, they also appear to have a mortar pit set up.

Ooooh, the Irish cricket team, that hurt.
Well he is trying really hard to get a rise. He is trying really really hard. I wonder what state his screen and keyboard is in?

If they're that bad, how come they can kicking the shit of you people and all your fancy modern weapons?

If you can't beat a bunch of untrained civilians in sandals carrying hundred dollar rifles, who would you like to match your helicopter gunships and artillery against -- a regiment of spear carrying Zulus? The Arsenal supporters' club? An Irish cricket team? Or perhaps a vicious squad of young children supporting international terroism by collecting firewood?

Yep, that's about the British Army's mark these days. Shooting kids. Degraded and disgraced beyond belief.

At least we can handle a bit of rain you ****ing mincer.

Go on I will bite. Who did your missus run off with this week or did you catch her blowing the neighbour? You did didn't you she was performing fellatio on him wasn't she? Its ok to be angry it really is, cry it out big man cry it out their is no reason to be ashamed. We are here for you.

Loved the caption - "Taliban film their own demise". Not a lot of demise-ing going on, I noticed. One WIA at the beginning seemed to be about it.

Whats crawled up your arse "littlejim", are you one of these big hairy Aussie poofters from Kings Cross in Sydney? Most likely descended from one of the scum we deported to Aus a couple of hundred years ago and suffering from a well deserved inferiority complex, now do everyone a favour & go play with a blue ringed octopus or a funnelweb spider **** :-(

Nice rant there skip licker.

Without knowing what the state of the CS they were engaging it is interesting but does reinforce the stereo type of the Talibs being a bunch of farmers with no major training or understand of basic marksmanship principals. The bloke at 01:43 firing over the large boulder appears to have been lucky not to get a face full when a round appears to ricochet a couple of inches in front of him.
An article I read regarding Taliban weaponry (I make no claims of accuracy here, mind) based on captured equipment effectively said that they were pretty much using junk. Of the dozen or so rounds left in the Talib's magazine, no two rounds were of the same origin. This isn't just mixing two batches together, but using ammo of years difference in age, from several different countries of origin, and likely with the bullets themselves differing quite a lot in true calibre.

Basically, I'd put good money on anyone using such a gun with that ammo not being able to hit a large barn if they were stood inside with the door shut. Since the Americans have helpfully bombed all the Taliban training camps repeatedly, I would wager that the extent of Taliban training at the footslogger level is learning basic AK-47 use and maintenance (put bullets in here, put magazine in here, point this end towards enemy and pull trigger) and remembering not to covert the arse of the commander's donkey. The only real problem is that AK-47s are cheap, bottom-grade ammo is really cheap and there seems to be an inexhaustable supply of religious pillocks willing to die for their god.

This is why they go for spray and pray shooting; they're young and know no better and the weapons won't hold an aim-point worth a damn even if they did try single shot aimed fire, so they splurge off all their ammo quickly then run for it. This too is moderately sensible behaviour in the circumstances; if you hang about after you've seriously annoyed a British patrol not only will you take aimed fire from the patrol, but you're going to face mortar fire, shelling, armoured vehicles or even an airstrike, and the people doing any of those can aim disturbingly well.

Just for the fact, as mentioned they are engaging an AMERICAN patrol.

Hundred dollar rifles? I saw an AK47 with a GP-30 fitted, a PKM and a mortar. Really must get myself down that market.