Taliban Advancing on Islamabad

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Pararegtom, Apr 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

This should get interesting, the goverment of Pakistan is weak and rudderless. and many of them support the Taliban. Pakistan is a Nuclear power, The taliban are 62 miles (100km) from the capital. Any thoughts on what Obama and the other western govts will consider. I dont think India will be too chuffed at the Taliban having control over nuclear weapons. there are some links on different news sites. http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20090425/twl-taliban-leave-pakistan-district-696b303.

htmlhttp://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/04/24/pakistan.taliban.control.gilani/index.html#cnnSTCText

2. "Say again, all after nuclear. Over"

P-T

3. Perfect storm, no? World ravaged by virulent, deadly plague, radicals take over control of a geostrategically important country...

Yeah, it does sound more and more like 1918, all over again. :p With the Taliban playing the Bolsheviks this time around. ;)

4. Nuke Pakistan before they (the Taliban who are about to take control of Pakistan) nuke us!!!!

5. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

sounds easy Bossdog , what about the severel Millon Pakistani,s we have in the UK, Civil War or at least a serious uprising??

This is not an easy fix.

6. This is a lot more worrisome than it seems at first glance. If the Taliban do take control of the Pakistan government all kinds of scenarios come in to effect. Obviously India will not sit idly by while Terry starts pointing Nuclear weapons in their direction. The US is not going to let a bunch of loonies take control of Nukes either. A full scale invasion may not be that far away. I wager that plans are underfoot as we speak.

7. The easy fix would be to burn the poppy feilds :D

8. oh boll*cks .....

9. To be honest, I thought it was pretty fcuking scarey right away... 8O

10. I can see trouble ahead....

But i've always wanted to visit Pakistan :roll:

11. Before his election Obama was pointing at Pakistan as his priority. How did he know back then that Taliban will be advancing on Islamabad now? :roll:

12. Not hard to work out, but we are stupid so they believe. :roll:

13. An alternative view here on Crooks and Liars (lefty US Blog)

14. He is...the Chosen One... 8O :twisted: