Tales of a Colonial Policeman

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just clicked on to see loads of Guinea fowl drinking. Mmm. I used to love roast guinea fowl, lovely white meat!
Tasty yes, but undoubtably amongst the top ten stupid creatures on the globe.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Mother and baby elephant just turned up...
I've experienced that.

Luckily it was a younger brother to whom they wanted to serve papers.

For those that are interested, there is a memorial to the NRP at the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas. This is the video of the opening ceremony.
And before any body asks, no I'm not there.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
For those that are interested, there is a memorial to the NRP at the National Memorial Arboretum, Alrewas. This is the video of the opening ceremony.
And before any body asks, no I'm not there.

Eleven seconds in, just in front of the podium, with camera.
You can't deny it.

There was a good reading suggestion up thread which was only available on Kindle, and I'm not an e-book fan.

I recently re-read this, which - while it doesn't concentrate on imperial policing - may be of interest to those who've been watching this thread.

Charles Allen of "Plain Tales from The Raj" fame compiled a similar oral history of reminiscences from administrators in Africa.

@ex_colonial when this is published and becomes a best seller; and, is made into a film that generates VAST earnings; will you still come back on ARRSE and "talk" to us? ;) .
A film would be great. But I wonder if there would be so much negativity from parts of media, any film or documentary about Africa of this period, wouldn’t get off the ground.

The life and the war in Rhodesia for example, would be gripping if brought to our screens. But I can imagine uproar from many.