Taleban attacks likely, says Army

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Feb 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4692476.stm

2. Bears do sh1t in the woods.
    The Pope is a Catholic.
    Fish do have water tight heads.

3. George Bush is a war crimiinal

4. Night follows day (and vice versa)
    Sale at MFI
    Slow traffic east and westbound at Clackett Lane
    Chatham still full of lookalikes from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video

5. the pope is a catholic ... isnt it the pope is a Nazi now days :?: :D

6. I did hear that during the blessings he now says "In the name of the Fatherland, the son & the holy ghost". 8O

7. can anyone advise who is likely to be providing the air support and logistics for the afghan mission.

is the idea UK forces do it all themselves or will the US be doing the air stuff?

8. I believe that the BoBMF Lancaster is being refitted to carry TALLBOY for use in bombing the Taliban back to the stone age (a bit of an oxymoron IMHO), and the Red Arrows will be providing Fast Air Support. Well, support is a bit strong, apparently on each Saturday they're going to be sky writing "Bin Laden's a C*nt" and " You're going to get your f*cking heads kicked in" in red white and blue above the Tora Bora Mts.

Teeny Weeny Airways will be sending an Apache flight (their names are Air Tprs Tonto, Cochise, Geronimo, and Sitting Bull - all recently recruited from the reservation) to ensure that their Sioux is airworthy. There is also a contigency plan to send out the Fokker Triplane if things start getting really hairy.

Logistic Support is to be provided via civvy trucks over the Khyber Pass, so take plenty of extra Rat Packs. And fuel. And ammo.

Fortunately, only one of the facts above is true... care to guess which one?

9. I believe the DUTCH are supposed to be sending a slack-handfull of Apaches!,and about 1,400 men;Though I doubt if it will get through their lefty opposition.

10. [quote="Themanwho" I believe that the BoBMF Lancaster is being refitted to carry TALLBOY for use in bombing the Taliban back to the stone age (a bit of an oxymoron IMHO), and the Red Arrows will be providing Fast Air Support. Well, support is a bit strong, apparently on each Saturday they're going to be sky writing "Bin Laden's a C*nt" and " You're going to get your f*cking heads kicked in" in red white and blue above the Tora Bora Mts.

Teeny Weeny Airways will be sending an Apache flight (their names are Air Tprs Tonto, Cochise, Geronimo, and Sitting Bull - all recently recruited from the reservation) to ensure that their Sioux is airworthy. There is also a contigency plan to send out the Fokker Triplane if things start getting really hairy.

Logistic Support is to be provided via civvy trucks over the Khyber Pass, so take plenty of extra Rat Packs. And fuel. And ammo.

Fortunately, only one of the facts above is true... care to guess which one?[/quote]

Hmmm. Wasn't Ivan given a quality shoeing in the Salang Pass on a regular basis? And not all that long ago either.

11. Please let it be that one. :lol:

12. The Dutch Parliament voted on the 2nd of February to deploy 1400 troops to Afghanistan complete with a couple of squadrons of Apache helicopters. In fact they are able to send more helicopters than the UK because unlike the UK they purchased their training for the pilots when they purchased the machines.

The reason UK can only deploy 6 is that after 5 years insufficient pilots have been trained for a major deployment!

Bob

13. History will have the final say on that one. Would you consider "Bomber Harris" a war criminal? Or at least guilty of crimes against humanity, reference 1000 bomber raids against the civil population of Dresden and Hamburg.

14. Frenchperson isan ignorant, kneejerk Yankophobe. :roll:

15. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

^^Oh I'd love it to be this one! :mrgreen:

^But I reckon it's this one… 8O

No WAH, BTW.