Taleban/AQ Getting State of Art US and German Small Arms

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
jumpinjarhead said:
Given the proven robustness and adequate lethality of the venerable and ubiquitous AK47 and associated weapons, I am puzzled why the Taleban/AQ would now want "sophisticated" firearms.
Not half as much as I'm puzzled as to why you've posted this in the QM's forum. Got lost, have we?

G-3 and MG-3 are still standard weapons of the Pakistani army.
Would like to see the Blazer (sic) rifle the article hints at. (R93?)
Btw, interesting source :D

jumpinjarhead said:
Every 14 minutes a person reportedly dies by a H&K-made weapon.
They just can't help themselves can they...well every 13 minutes someone dies of a car accident in the US, far more deadly then an H&K.

I'm disappointed seeing my USP .40 has yet to kill anyone and I've had the damn thing going on 8 years now.

Fugly said:
jumpinjarhead said:
Given the proven robustness and adequate lethality of the venerable and ubiquitous AK47 and associated weapons, I am puzzled why the Taleban/AQ would now want "sophisticated" firearms.
Not half as much as I'm puzzled as to why you've posted this in the QM's forum. Got lost, have we?
Following the headings-"clothing and equipment" but if I have erred point me in the direction that will incur the least flames.

ctauch said:
jumpinjarhead said:
They just can't help themselves can they...well every 13 minutes someone dies of a car accident in the US, far more deadly then an H&K.

I'm disappointed seeing my USP .40 has yet to kill anyone and I've had the damn thing going on 8 years now.
I laughed at that as well--no mention of the person causing the otherwise inanimate piece of machinery (albeit beautifully done if an HK) to function as designed. Perpetuating the image of so many lard-brained Americans that the firearm is a sort of inherently evil talisman that kills on its own.

Fugly

ADC
DirtyBAT
jumpinjarhead said:
Fugly said:
jumpinjarhead said:
Following the headings-"clothing and equipment" but if I have erred point me in the direction that will incur the least flames.
Would have thought this a more "Current Affairs" related topic. The QM's forum is more about British kit, what is wrong with it, and what we should have instead - that sort of thing.

jumpinjarhead said:
DesktopCommando said:
who ever moved it has killed the article it refers to !
Sorry! My computer skills are marginal.Link
And the alleged Deutsche Welle article the Iranians are referring to is even more elusive. :roll:

para_medic said:
jumpinjarhead said:
DesktopCommando said:
who ever moved it has killed the article it refers to !
Sorry! My computer skills are marginal.Link
And the alleged Deutsche Welle article the Iranians are referring to is even more elusive. :roll:
I make no representations or warranties about the Iranians.

jumpinjarhead said:
ctauch said:
jumpinjarhead said:

I laughed at that as well--no mention of the person causing the otherwise inanimate piece of machinery (albeit beautifully done if an HK) to function as designed. Perpetuating the image of so many lard-brained Americans that the firearm is a sort of inherently evil talisman that kills on its own.
Even in the former colonies, I imagine there are more cars than guns and people will spend a much greater proportion of their lives driving one as an essential part their daily existence. If cars can kill that many, let's hope almost exclusively without the driver's intent, what possible justification could you have for allowing the widespread ownership of purpose made killing machines?

I guess most septic households have a TV for entertainment purposes, but they cause fewer accidental casualties, and felons don't equip themselves with HD widescreens to "outgun",just in case, when they burgle your house.

WO2.Ghandi said:
jumpinjarhead said:
ctauch said:
jumpinjarhead said:

Even in the former colonies, I imagine there are more cars than guns and people will spend a much greater proportion of their lives driving one as an essential part their daily existence. If cars can kill that many, let's hope almost exclusively without the driver's intent, what possible justification could you have for allowing the widespread ownership of purpose made killing machines?

I guess most septic households have a TV for entertainment purposes, but they cause fewer accidental casualties, and felons don't equip themselves with HD widescreens to "outgun",just in case, when they burgle your house.
To answer your question, the reasons are embedded in the Second Amendment to our Constitution and have their origin in the slight unpleasantness that arose between the then colonies and Britain. With the direct experience of many of the founders of our nation with the excesses of an oppressive government, in their wisdom they made sure that as a people we were expressly given that right to keep and bear arms both as individuals (as recently confirmed by our Supreme Court in overturning the District of Columbia's draconian firearms law) and as members of the militias of the several states to provide a check against any future government from attempting to subjugate its people.

The reality today is that the only persons generally affected by overly restrictive firearms laws are those who obey the law. Criminals will always have firearms (or whatever the weapon of choice may be in future technology) since by definition they are not swayed by such niceties, except at the margins where a very few may avoid using firearms in those jurisdictions that apply sufficiently onerous sanctions that make it "cost prohibitive." As numerous studies show, the vast majority of criminals are unaffected by such laws with the result being to deprive the law-abiding of firearms for their own protection.

While such control of the population's right to defend itself may be tolerated in the UK and other nations with different cultures, it is simply unacceptable to the vast majority of Americans.