Talcum Powder Pipe

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, Dec 20, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know how to make a talcum powder pipe?

everyone was expected to have a go at using the "talcum powder pipe". Created in the mists of time from vital engine parts, the pipe is made from several tubes of brass and the cylinder at the end is full of very fine talcum powder. There is a highly skilled technique that allows experienced salty seadogs to blow down the mouth piece and turn the wheel. However the steep learning curve always ensures that several unlucky people will just end up blowing talc all over their faces for the mirth of onlookers. Be warned!

Link

I saw one years ago, had a quick google but could only find these images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do any workshop minded arrsers know how to make one?

2. That would make an interesting project made out of glass (using blue cobalt tube for the body)...

3. Thats the one, and after hours of searching I have found a diagram:

More accuratley known as a divers lung tester. To the batcave!

Attached Files:

4. "No no constable, you've got it all wrong, that's me talcum powder pipe, that is. And those bags are all talcum powder. Yes, all of them. For me own personal use, of course officer." :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Can you please repost the link to the Diagram?

6. Looks like a crack house.

7. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Well there you have the advantage over me. I have never been in one.

Apart from the Pink House, but that was a different type of crack house.

8. Just a thought if anyone's going to make one. Keep the tubes through which the talcum powder will pass short. They'll clog up with powder and spit so they'll need to be shorter than a pipe cleaner.

9. I 1st saw one of these in the LAD in Germany. Made a couple myself to look like a spitfire, using a 30mm shell. The air that blows the propeller came out of the top like the old machine guns, and the talc pipes ran under the wings and pointed back towards the "blowee". The skill is the brasing of the pipe within a pipe, and making the hole that the air flows through as small as possible, so it's not obvious to the person blowing that he needs to cover the opening with his tongue.

I've never had a problem with them clogging up.

There's a better way of disguising the hole, compared to the diagram above. If you put a mouth piece on the end, you can have a small gap between the mouth piece and the pipe (facing away from the blower) so the blower has to completely cover the mouth piece, and block the hole. It looks better too.

10. Hi, I am currently making this talk blow pipe for a friend of mine, I will let you know how it comes out

11. Oh, wrong room, sorry.

I thought the discussion was about Showbiz Sherbert. My mistake.

Just off to, ahem, powder one's nose.

LB

12. I saw one of those ar Lulworth during a gunnery camp back in '90' brilliant! As my metal working skills extend up to and including Sardine and bully beef cans I couldn't make one, but I'd love to get hold of one.