Taking The Risk Of Censorship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priam

War Hero
Holdfast said:
Just leave it be, those that wanted to sign the petition have done so, those that aren't happy with this have said so. Being rude and obnoxious does not ingratiate you to the other users on here.
Seconded

NEWSFLASH ONCE AGAIN

I VOLUNTEERED and came back here with my Daughter, so those of you that are thinking of going into screen writing, I suggest you use other means of material for your creation.

I stated a number of weeks ago, I am NOT LOOKING FOR MONEY, I came to realise that after 7 years of telling the truth and trying to get my childs voice heard, it did no good as I am dealing with a corrupt system.

It is very simple, I am planning to go to the media about the terrible injustices that are going on and felt unsafe doing so. I am 4000 miles away from home alone.

and more importantly, last but not least My Father was a Royal Engineer for sixteen years, Bomb Disposal, 33rd REG .I AM part of my RE/EOD FAMILY and so is my Daughter and am extremely proud of it. A bond that those who have not lived it could ever understand.

I am not the kind of person to fire upon somebody unless fired upon myself. If simple straightforward - at hand facts can not be looked into or read, then the insensitive comments will not be appreciated.

I will bid all of the Gentlemen on here a Good Night and leave you with this.

"Throughout the world, badge-wearers form a brotherhood.

Our legacy is a proud one and our roots run deep.

A memorial wall honors our dead,

and stories of their heroism honor their memory.

The deeds of brothers and sisters passed remind us of

who we are as we look toward the future.

It’s our vision, and it’s our dream – we’ll make it as big as we want.

We’ll not apologize for being warriors!"

I'm sad for my Dad having to read this, what a dishonor to him and his Mates.

Chimera, you can lock this one if you want to, what's the use.

Dannys_Daughter72 said:
NEWSFLASH ONCE AGAIN

I VOLUNTEERED and came back here with my Daughter, so those of you that are thinking of going into screen writing, I suggest you use other means of material for your creation.

I stated a number of weeks ago, I am NOT LOOKING FOR MONEY, I came to realise that after 7 years of telling the truth and trying to get my childs voice heard, it did no good as I am dealing with a corrupt system.

It is very simple, I am planning to go to the media about the terrible injustices that are going on and felt unsafe doing so. I am 4000 miles away from home alone.

and more importantly, last but not least My Father was a Royal Engineer for sixteen years, Bomb Disposal, 33rd REG .I AM part of my RE/EOD FAMILY and so is my Daughter and am extremely proud of it. A bond that those who have not lived it could ever understand.

I am not the kind of person to fire upon somebody unless fired upon myself. If simple straightforward - at hand facts can not be looked into or read, then the insensitive comments will not be appreciated.

I will bid all of the Gentlemen on here a Good Night and leave you with this.

"Throughout the world, badge-wearers form a brotherhood.

Our legacy is a proud one and our roots run deep.

A memorial wall honors our dead,

and stories of their heroism honor their memory.

The deeds of brothers and sisters passed remind us of

who we are as we look toward the future.

It’s our vision, and it’s our dream – we’ll make it as big as we want.

We’ll not apologize for being warriors!"

I'm sad for my Dad having to read this, what a dishonor to him and his Mates.

Chimera, you can lock this one if you want to, what's the use.
My bold

1. Yes you volunteered, however there as been a number of threads about this and it's getting repetitive.

2. I thought your daughter was with her father?

3. If you are not looking for money, what are you looking for?

4. I take this, "so those of you that are thinking of going into screen writing, " is a dig at SWORDSMAN. He is giving is opinion, if you don't like it unlucky, learn to live with it. He as earned our respect and gratitude, you haven't.

5. I thought this was with the media, having highlighted specific articles for us to check.

6. If you knew your father that well you would know its 33 EOD Regt RE and not 33rd REG.

7. Who are you "firing" at? It as been stated that if anyone doesn't agree with you all they get is abuse. If you don't like the comments go somewhere else.

8. APOLOGISE, HONOUR , spelt correctly, not the septic way. (Me being pedantic) Don't just cut and paste a septic saying. Doesn't impress me.

My personal opinion is that Dannys_Daughter72, Scratter, and EOD_Devon are the same person. Prove me wrong. Isn't it amazing how suddenly her dad appears so soon after she said he hadn't been in touch for so long. Then this EOD_Devon turns up to open up a new thread to get it highlighted again.

However one thing you won't get from me is an apology. I personally think you are full of sh!t. :twisted:

I am now sat here waiting for the abuse to arrive. :D

sapper1743

Old-Salt
"My personal opinion is that Dannys_Daughter72, Scratter, and EOD_Devon are the same person. Prove me wrong. Isn't it amazing how suddenly her dad appears so soon after she said he hadn't been in touch for so long. Then this EOD_Devon turns up to open up a new thread to get it highlighted again".

I looked at 'her dad's' post the other day...Why would you 'post a reply' to a Dad you have not seen for a while ? - Me ! I would have PM'd! ( his patter aint quit right either)

She ?, He ? , They ? are trying to lay a ' guilt trip ' on us and I for one will NOT help ANYONE who goes down that road. Being abused for NOT helping definately does NOT work in my world! either.

I was in like a flash to sign the petition and give my support, but it stops there.

We are all big boys and can make our own decisions....DD...you have had your say now let us be to decide what WE want to do!

swordman

RIP
RIP
DD72
Many years ago, back in 1944, I was a 19 year old keen young Sapper, and like many young people then, and today, we all wanted to put the world to rights.

It was for those keen young men of today, that I posted the "Be wary" here earlier. For in my youth, I may well have been moved by this posting.

The question to be answered are these.
What do you want the "Brave young men" to do? For however I read that posting, it has illegal implications. Are you asking for the Brave young men to snatch your child back? If not then what?

On one hand, you ask for financial support, on the other, you say you are not looking for money. If you are sincere? Then you go an odd way about it.

So... Lay out in straight plain terms what you want? It is little to ask if you are sincere. Sincerity has a habit of bringing its own rewards.

Swordman.

B

Biscuits_AB

They've not denied that they intend to snatch the child from her father yet have they?

'Brave men'?......why 'Brave'? Another question which has remained unanswered.

Time to point one of the SPAMs in the direction of this thread I think.

onfire

Old-Salt
Eod_Devon said:
I can't believe that people would rather post comments and bandy about half ass reasons for NOT checking on facts

Devon
Right - i did contribute, make of it what you will - but i am bored rigid with this repetitive mud-slinging, and frankly EOD Devon's comments are offensive to anyone who has contributed.

Devon - you will not convinve anyone here as it is an anonymous site ... you could well be the same poster as Scratter etc Frankly i am now a little disappointed - the original request for donations was posted on ARRSE, donations were given ... please let that be an end to it.

The only follow up i feel is justified is the questions posed by people who donated and wonder what the outcome was.

MODS - PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD AND DELETE ALL FURTHER THREADS POSTED - HAVENT WE DONE OUR PIECE, THIS IS SURELY NO LONGER ADDING ANYTHING TO THE SITE?

chimera

LE
Agreed.

Merged and Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads