Taking the army to pieces

i have just found out that someone who took tranche last year has just been accepted back into the army. How can it be right that the army/government gives a soldier a golden £50000 handshake. Then allows said soldier to piss it away and not find a job for a year only to be told. "Hey dont worry you can just come back to your £26000 per year job". I am mesmerised by this. Can someone please tell me how this is possible. How can the army/government justify this. Thanks.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
i have just found out that someone who took tranche last year has just been accepted back into the army. How can it be right that the army/government gives a soldier a golden £50000 handshake. Then allows said soldier to piss it away and not find a job for a year only to be told. "Hey dont worry you can just come back to your £26000 per year job". I am mesmerised by this. Can someone please tell me how this is possible. How can the army/government justify this. Thanks.

£50,000?

chief fire officers have been retiring early getting massive payouts then rehired for more or less the same wage whilst running the service into the ground and stabbing the lads in the back,if a serviceman managed the same hand out good luck to them i say.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Dry your eyes Princess (Andy nominus) and get over it like I did your Mother!

have a like, just because the OP dislikes it. (I'd have suggested something along the lines of 'man up wet-pants')

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
And how is this 'a bloke said to me.............' tripe Current Affairs, News and Analysis?

Do you have a source link?

If this wasn't Current Affairs (because that's the sensible bit) I'd probably say something like £50,000? Fancy a trip to Barbados and find Spammers there.

But I won't.

Because that's just churlish.

Hows this thread working out for you mate?

Im not bitter and its not twisted in any way its just a point of view. Im ex regs myself

Are your fingers crossed that he is on his way to Sierra Leone?

Its just all so, so unfair......

crying baby.jpg

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
A quick reminder.

This is NOT the NAAFI.

(I sniggered typing that).

Been going on in civvy street for donkeys years!! When ICI made people redundant in the early 90s they paid the 50+ Age group 50-60k lump sums + pensions of between 10 and 12k per annum and then took them back on as contractors on their old salaries. We called them Double dippers !! But most of us shortened that title to cnuts !!