Taking Some Time Away

ZW Clanger

Old-Salt
This isn't intended as a "Look at me" thread but I do have something to say.

I am going to take some time away from ARRSE, the internet and real life in general for a bit.

As some will know, I have a variety of physical health issues which leaves me with chronic pain. Recently it's got so bad I've been hospitalised and my heavy duty meds have - according to one doctor- had their doses increased to an amount they'd give to a cancer patient at the end of their life.

I feel/felt like there's no way back for me and last week I took a deliberate overdose of morphine. Obviously I'm still here because of a family member - I'll be having words with them, that's for sure and I think I came pretty close to being sectioned. I'm at home now, referred to palliative care and under the care of my local mental health team.

The reason I'm creating this post is thus; at the hospital I was told my the A&E consultant (who sat down with me for about 25 minutes when I came round - a top guy) I was the third guy he'd had in that day who had taken steps to end their life and I was the only one still alive. Obviously I'm still having issues but I'd like to just get it out there that if anyone is having trouble, to just get in touch with someone - anyone - and talk. I know it feels like there are no roads left to take and there are no solutions but I've come to realise these past few days there are some people out there who are absolutely amazing and will do what they can to help.

Take care guys and girls.
Good luck with it all @Ritch keep focused on the positive and all will work out fine.

KRO

Dwarf

LE
Glad to see you are a wee bit better despite the best efforts of all on here.
Looking forward to your return when you get better.

Meanwhile I have a list of things I'd like to ask about, starting with where you left your car keys as you aren't using them at the mo.

Stick in there we are all rooting for you mate.

This isn't intended as a "Look at me" thread but I do have something to say.

I am going to take some time away from ARRSE, the internet and real life in general for a bit.

As some will know, I have a variety of physical health issues which leaves me with chronic pain. Recently it's got so bad I've been hospitalised and my heavy duty meds have - according to one doctor- had their doses increased to an amount they'd give to a cancer patient at the end of their life.

I feel/felt like there's no way back for me and last week I took a deliberate overdose of morphine. Obviously I'm still here because of a family member - I'll be having words with them, that's for sure and I think I came pretty close to being sectioned. I'm at home now, referred to palliative care and under the care of my local mental health team.

The reason I'm creating this post is thus; at the hospital I was told my the A&E consultant (who sat down with me for about 25 minutes when I came round - a top guy) I was the third guy he'd had in that day who had taken steps to end their life and I was the only one still alive. Obviously I'm still having issues but I'd like to just get it out there that if anyone is having trouble, to just get in touch with someone - anyone - and talk. I know it feels like there are no roads left to take and there are no solutions but I've come to realise these past few days there are some people out there who are absolutely amazing and will do what they can to help.

Take care guys and girls.

Take care buddy. Thinking of you. Faugh a ballagh.

I can't quote everyone but thank you all for the well wishes. I'm currently in my second home (the hospital) with IV drugs running through me thanks to the pain team.

@jarrod248 - I was on methadone for quite a while but came off it as I was getting addicted to it. I locked myself in my room and went cold turkey which wasn't the best way I've been told.

I'm on 100mcg fentanyl and morphine at the moment with the likes of tramadol and other meds. No idea what is the next option if there is any.

So once again gents, thank you. I'm deeply appreciative of the support being offered.
Rock On, Tommy!
Feel free to come back and twang yer braces any time.
T

I stood on a lego brick last week, do I get a mention, or any sympathy? No.... its all me me me on this thread.
To quote that great doyen Megan Marcle "no one asked me how I am"

Keep going Ritch ;-)

I stood on a lego brick last week, do I get a mention, or any sympathy? No.... its all me me me on this thread.

Keep going Ritch ;-)
Ah but was it pimple side up or the smooth side. If it was the pimple side then how are you, if smooth side yer a wimp

Mate I feel for you I am on fentanyl patches and a shed more meds it’s not pleasant at all. I have over dosed my self and been found by my son seconds away from walking through the recruiting office in the sky. Stay strong my friend take it one day at a time and you will come out on top. I take life as it comes now and do not worry about any thing life throws at me my life is shit but i always say to my self one day at a time sweet Jesus. God bless old chap.

How about if they turn up dressed like nursesView attachment 572563
This more what you're likely to see:

PROD-SWNS_NURSE_DRAG_01.jpg

Their pain clinic service?

If @Old Stab turned up looking exactly like that I'd have to rethink my policy on not boning men. Fucks sake, these drugs are messing with me.

Lights out for me chaps. My battery has almost gone and I'll be here for another day at least so I'll see you all on the other side.

Thanks again. Life doesn't seem as bleak as it did a week ago.

Orthopedic. They are very good at after care as well.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer

Keep going Ritch ;-)
I feel for you. Bare feet+dark+unexpected Lego brick is nasty.

Latest Threads