Taking Some Time Away

Ritch

LE
You big baby I had a paper cut AND a splinter on the same finger! good to hear you're a bit better though.
You war hero. Seriously, many thanks for your support and that goes for everyone else too.
Ritch
We're all rooting for you pal, as I've said before if it helps then by all means PM us or put stuff on this thread.

Problem shared is a problem halved, and all that.........
Cheers mate. Much appreciated.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Keep going mate, or someone from here is likely to rock up to see you off, dressed as a unicorn.

Paging @theoriginalphantom

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Ritch

LE
How about a couple of Arrsers in Mankinis...

@Ritch which hospital are you in matey.
The Northern General. However luckily for me there's a no visiting policy so I don't have to lay here whilst blokes turned up dressed as dinosaurs. ;)

The Northern General. However luckily for me there's a no visiting policy so I don't have to lay here whilst blokes turned up dressed as dinosaurs. ;)
Some sad cases will do anything to pull a nurse. Being married to one - trust me on this - it ain't worth it.

When I was 17 I was hit by a van which then pinned me between it and a car. I was trapped from the waist down with almost everything from my hips down - broken. I've had reconstructive surgery and ever since, had orthopaedic operations on my ankles, knees, hips and spine. I'm left in pain 24/7. It never really gets below 6 out of 10.

Earlier on this year too, my stomach ruptured and I developed sepsis after a big operation which has left me with permanent fatigue

I've been through everything the NHS can offer and been to three different pain clinics but nothing helps. The hardcore opioids I take do take the edge off at times - but sometimes nothing touches and it I end up - like now - in hospital with ketamine being given to me. I've just woken up from a 5 hour, drug induced kip and feel like I've had 20 pints.

Thanks everyone for the support. I don't feel like I'm on my own anymore.

See if they can transfer you to St. Georges. I can thoroughly recommend their services.

How about if they turn up dressed like nurses
1620763296891.png

Ritch

LE
See if they can transfer you to St. Georges. I can thoroughly recommend their services.
Their pain clinic service?

How about if they turn up dressed like nursesView attachment 572563

If @Old Stab turned up looking exactly like that I'd have to rethink my policy on not boning men. Fucks sake, these drugs are messing with me.

Lights out for me chaps. My battery has almost gone and I'll be here for another day at least so I'll see you all on the other side.

Thanks again. Life doesn't seem as bleak as it did a week ago.

Last edited:

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer

That's put paid to that so hopefully you'll get better on your own.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Northern General?

There’s no way I’m going all the way up there!

Hold

Fast

Best of luck.

Latest Threads