Taking Some Time Away

Ritch

LE
This isn't intended as a "Look at me" thread but I do have something to say.

I am going to take some time away from ARRSE, the internet and real life in general for a bit.

As some will know, I have a variety of physical health issues which leaves me with chronic pain. Recently it's got so bad I've been hospitalised and my heavy duty meds have - according to one doctor- had their doses increased to an amount they'd give to a cancer patient at the end of their life.

I feel/felt like there's no way back for me and last week I took a deliberate overdose of morphine. Obviously I'm still here because of a family member - I'll be having words with them, that's for sure and I think I came pretty close to being sectioned. I'm at home now, referred to palliative care and under the care of my local mental health team.

The reason I'm creating this post is thus; at the hospital I was told my the A&E consultant (who sat down with me for about 25 minutes when I came round - a top guy) I was the third guy he'd had in that day who had taken steps to end their life and I was the only one still alive. Obviously I'm still having issues but I'd like to just get it out there that if anyone is having trouble, to just get in touch with someone - anyone - and talk. I know it feels like there are no roads left to take and there are no solutions but I've come to realise these past few days there are some people out there who are absolutely amazing and will do what they can to help.

Take care guys and girls.

This isn't intended as a "Look at me" thread but I do have something to say.

I am going to take some time away from ARRSE, the internet and real life in general for a bit.

As some will know, I have a variety of physical health issues which leaves me with chronic pain. Recently it's got so bad I've been hospitalised and my heavy duty meds have - according to one doctor- had their doses increased to an amount they'd give to a cancer patient at the end of their life.

I feel/felt like there's no way back for me and last week I took a deliberate overdose of morphine. Obviously I'm still here because of a family member - I'll be having words with them, that's for sure and I think I came pretty close to being sectioned. I'm at home now, referred to palliative care and under the care of my local mental health team.

The reason I'm creating this post is thus; at the hospital I was told my the A&E consultant (who sat down with me for about 25 minutes when I came round - a top guy) I was the third guy he'd had in that day who had taken steps to end their life and I was the only one still alive. Obviously I'm still having issues but I'd like to just get it out there that if anyone is having trouble, to just get in touch with someone - anyone - and talk. I know it feels like there are no roads left to take and there are no solutions but I've come to realise these past few days there are some people out there who are absolutely amazing and will do what they can to help.

Take care guys and girls.

Take care yourself Ritch.

When you do decide that it is time for you to step back in, we'll all still be here. H_M.

I entirely echo what @History_Man has said, Ritch. We are your mates, and are there for you - do please drop any of us a line if you want to talk.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
Pain is not a good friend, please keep talking to your nearest and dearest. I’m sure we’ll all be here for you. Don’t forget depression is a temporary state of mind and desperation often triggers help.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
The night is long - but the day will come....

Bon Chance, remember, there are a lot of decent types on here pulling for you. Chronic pain is no joke, many of my patients experience it, and need ongoing assistance both from the physical and mental perspectives. Help is out there, it may take some tracking down, but it is. Speaking from my own experiences, having sat with the barrel of a gun in my gob, there is a way back, it just takes time reading the map. Stay with it mate, and know that people are pulling for you!

Try and stay strong. Arrse will be here when you want to chat. Many on here are good listeners and can offer a very sympathetic ear and advice if you need to talk. Don’t forget that if you need help.

I sincerely wish you all the best, and looking forward to seeing you on here again when your life improves, which it most definitely will.

Dwarf

LE
Are you sure you want to be off arrse. Laughter does help pain or difficult health/emotional situations, proven fact.
Choose your thread and we are all here for you to help in any way, and we can make you laugh.
That you have mates on here us shown by the fact that nobody has asked your boot size yet.

There is light at the end, though it's sometimes hard to see. Stay safe.

Take care Ritch, take it a day at a time and don't forget us lot, we wont forget you.
Neil

Latest Threads