Taking shotgun overseas, how?

I've got a tour in the lovely Falkland Islans coming up, i have found that there is a clay pigeon club on the island, how would i go about taking my shotgun across?

ugly

LE
Crikey thats one I've not encountered before. Any firearms laws on the islands?
We used to have a handful of Auto 5s in the arms kote down there in the 1980's. Rabbits as big as hares!

I've contacted the Club secretary, so waiting out on that one. Since it will be an RAF flight what process do i have to go through with the movements staff?

Get an injury at work, preferably a bang on the head that could cause amnesia.
Then get a close mucker to pack your MFO box while you are under the weather. Anything else is a bonus.
Stick in another (allegedly) 300 rounds and Bob is your mother's live in lover!
Simples...............

I've got a tour in the lovely Falkland Islans coming up, i have found that there is a clay pigeon club on the island, how would i go about taking my shotgun across?
Sorry to be boring, but where is the Clay Pigeon Club in the Falklands? I'm wracking my tiny little pea brain, but I can't think where it is.

Well IIRC if you are were a civvy on a civil flight there would be no probem so long as you have the relevant cert with you, the firearm travels in the hold and you comply with relevant import restrictions.

I dunno, the mov ops people were kittens compared to RAF PLOD and Cuzzers when certain people used to bring back Dragunov Sporting rifles.

Stick with it Gorilla, if there is a club, there is a way..........or there would'nt be a club. Not quite a gat, but I remember one RAF person who took a hang glider down to Ascension as hand baggage when he went on his tour, should have seen the look on the loadies face when this guy and a couple of mates start hoiking the glider up the ramp on the Herc.

I know sweet FA about guns regulations but break the issue down into three parts:

1. Taking your guns out of UK (and bringing them back again)
Presumably your licencing authority are the contact point for advice. Find out whether you have to declare SORN or whatever.

2. Transporting your guns
Contact RAF movements at Brize.

3. Importing your guns into FI (and getting them out again) and use in FI.
Contact the FI Government. Their UK phone number is +44 (0)20 7222 2542. It'll be cheaper than using the +500 number. When you think you have the answers, e-mail the Government in Stanley just to make sure that both offices are giving the same advice. info@sec.gov.fk

Then post the results of the three lines of query on ARRSE. I doubt that you'll be the only/last user to have the same plans.

edit:

There's another one...

4. When you've got these answers, find out about gun storage at MPC (RIC? RAF?) and/or the Club.