Taking shotgun overseas, how?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by gorilla, Apr 8, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've got a tour in the lovely Falkland Islans coming up, i have found that there is a clay pigeon club on the island, how would i go about taking my shotgun across?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Crikey thats one I've not encountered before. Any firearms laws on the islands?
    We used to have a handful of Auto 5s in the arms kote down there in the 1980's. Rabbits as big as hares!

3. I've contacted the Club secretary, so waiting out on that one. Since it will be an RAF flight what process do i have to go through with the movements staff?

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The phrase"Abandon hope all ye who enter here!" springs to mind!

• Like Like x 1
  5. My thoughts exactly! The only area i can see there being a problem is with the movements staff!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Get an injury at work, preferably a bang on the head that could cause amnesia.
    Then get a close mucker to pack your MFO box while you are under the weather. Anything else is a bonus.
    Stick in another (allegedly) 300 rounds and Bob is your mother's live in lover!
    Simples...............

7. Sorry to be boring, but where is the Clay Pigeon Club in the Falklands? I'm wracking my tiny little pea brain, but I can't think where it is.

8. Philips Point, also there is bird shooting on MPA to stop geese getting sucked into expensive jets.

9. Well IIRC if you are were a civvy on a civil flight there would be no probem so long as you have the relevant cert with you, the firearm travels in the hold and you comply with relevant import restrictions.

10. PM inbound.

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Can you remember anything about the Falklands?

• Like Like x 2
  12. I dunno, the mov ops people were kittens compared to RAF PLOD and Cuzzers when certain people used to bring back Dragunov Sporting rifles.

Stick with it Gorilla, if there is a club, there is a way..........or there would'nt be a club. Not quite a gat, but I remember one RAF person who took a hang glider down to Ascension as hand baggage when he went on his tour, should have seen the look on the loadies face when this guy and a couple of mates start hoiking the glider up the ramp on the Herc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shame he didnt try launching off the tail ramp!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yeah thats the one