• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Taking pull ups to the next level.

Just started doing 11 pull-ups three times a day in addition to regular workouts and found good results. On the last rep, I always lower myself down to the hanging position very, very slowly, which works nicely.

Anyone got any better techniques? I'm aiming for 3x 14 by the end of the month, 3x 16 by the end of November and 3x 18 by the end of December. That should translate to about 25-30 max effort.

Armed_and_dangerous said:
yeah dont do them every day or you'll plateau, and hit a wall, so to speak
Saying that ive only ever managed 12 continuous pull-ups!
p.s i found beaking them down into sets and doing a best effort every other week increases the number you can do

Hold a 10kg/15kg/20kg (increase once you're comfortable) dumbell between your feet and drop the reps down. Not useful all the time, but it really swells the muscles up and once they're swollen go back to heavy reps and you'll get the best of both worlds.

Latest Threads