Taking pull ups to the next level.

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by cheesypoptart, Oct 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just started doing 11 pull-ups three times a day in addition to regular workouts and found good results. On the last rep, I always lower myself down to the hanging position very, very slowly, which works nicely.

Anyone got any better techniques? I'm aiming for 3x 14 by the end of the month, 3x 16 by the end of November and 3x 18 by the end of December. That should translate to about 25-30 max effort.

2. yeah dont do them every day or you'll plateau, and hit a wall, so to speak

3. Saying that ive only ever managed 12 continuous pull-ups!
    p.s i found beaking them down into sets and doing a best effort every other week increases the number you can do

4. Get a partner to assist you doing 2-3 more forced reps when you have done your max.

5. Hold a 10kg/15kg/20kg (increase once you're comfortable) dumbell between your feet and drop the reps down. Not useful all the time, but it really swells the muscles up and once they're swollen go back to heavy reps and you'll get the best of both worlds.

6. Do them wearing a suitably weighted daysack.

7. I thought this thread was about stockings and therefore am very disappointed with the content. Take your unhealthy fascination with fitness elsewhere.

8. Please, all of you, for the love of god get yourselves down the pub.............

9. I intend to drink my bodyweight in gin tonight. After a 3mile run :D