Taking Prisoners US style

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Mr Happy, Oct 8, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

2. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Unfortunately I was not able to open the vid but I think I have seen it previously. The comments further down the page are very revealing. The ones from civs and REMFs are all for shooting the guy. The people who have actually been out and done something, either in GW1 or other areas, are very much for charging the guys with murder and reporting the REMFs who advocate that this is the way to go.

So it shows that some Spams are level headed (which I think we all knew) but they have a lot of educating of their troops in front of them to get them to understand the rules of war.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

The vid shows an iraqi insurgent (freedom fighter surely?) in civvies writhing around having been shot and then some USMC looking at him for a bit before deciding to put some more rounds into him. They should have gone forwards or left him, not put more rounds into an injured non-threat.

4. The vid has been edited, we don't know what went on before, during or after the vid clip is to short. Too easy to sit back and pass judgement from our armchairs. :!:

5. Best place to pass it from, unless you're suggesting I actually ... go out there and ... fight? God forbid!

6. I have looked at this a number of times and the more I see/hear the more I think this is a fake. Although the shooting of the man on the ground is wrong, the sound of cheering has been added to the film. The soldier looking at the man is not cheering and the last bit talking to a soldier has been cut a great deal. He could be talking about anything.

7. The video is a short clip of what actually happened. Oddly enough they were leaving out the part where US troops first encountered the civillian laying roadside bombs.

Anything that only tells part of the story is simply hiding the truth.

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I agree there are edited parts between writhing bad guy (narrator does point out the AK by his side). But nothing appears to have changed when they cut back to the tracer reaching out for him.

The cheers are from off camera, so yes, if you believe in Father Christmas and area 51 then CNN could have added the cheering. Though on the subject of sount I know what an M16 derivative sounds like compared to an AK and so we know who shot the bloke don't we.

The interview at the end is of course completely out of context - he could be talking about the contact above or he could be talking about last week.

All reportage is subject to some scepticism, not least because journalists (and particularly American journalists) are thick or ignorant or both - I'm referring of course the loud mouth big tittied variety, not like our Kate Adie oh no! And therefore are liable to get things wrong even when they aren't trying to hype something up.

9. Mr happy leave it to a armchair limey like you to pass judgement on that marine dude when you aren't there, oh silly me i forgot, you have the best army in the world even if it ain't squat compared to the USMC, seeing as how when they are in action you jokers like you give colour commentary from your bloody comps.

conversation between brit officer and trigger happy, gung ho USMC sarge.

Brit officer: we have the finest army on earth, they are professional and show care and commpassion to the enemy.

USMC sargeant:sir were you there in falluja, ramadi,mosul,or baghdad?

Brit officer: heaven's no it's too dangerous.we don't want to be heavy handed like you we are more sensitive and commpassionate.

USMC sargeant:then in that case warm beer p*sser you don't know jacksh*t,and ain't squat, i didn't see your sorry ass in the triangle. Pissing and moanin to the media were you, and screwing sheep eh.

Brit officer: wha...?..er..how did you know

10. I nearly bit at this nonsense until i read the other 6 posts by this individual. Although the spelling and grammar are incorrect enough, I'm not sure that marine-x is all he/she seems to be.

11. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Agreed, Kowalski. Even if he is genuine which I doubt, he is doing nothing for the image of his own country or service. :roll:

Probably a crazed AQ fanatic trying to stir up dissension amongst the allies. :lol:

12. 307

307 War Hero

Neither am I considering there are a number of Brits up North now, mainly in Baghdad, we had the Scots up at Dogwood etc. And as many have said, basra was potentially gonna be as bad as certain Northern cities, but it wasn't because it was handled well. You added fuel to the fire up their sadly, you're now reaping the rewards.

13. Love to see the film again of the USMC running away in Falluja.......

14. F uck off.

15. succinctly put lardix