taking pictures/phone use in the army

Phase 1 - During phase 1, all electronic communication equipment is handed into your corporals and training staff and given back to you for about 30-60 minutes each night

Phase 2 - During phase 2, you can keep hold of your phones but your training staff will restrict when you can use them. I.e not during working hours but as often as you want in the evenings.

Source - Brother completed Phase 1 & 2 training about 2 years ago.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
It might be worth noting that the Russians have recently passed a law banning soldiers from using smart phones (although i dont know if this is a blanket ban across all the time). Reason being is that silly squaddies took happy snaps that located troops in places they shouldnt be, like Ukraine!

I wouldn’t take my phone to the assement test, but what about phase 1/2? alongside the reserves, do people tend to take them to the weekend trainings? .
You looking to go Regular or Reservist?

It might be worth noting that the Russians have recently passed a law banning soldiers from using smart phones (although i dont know if this is a blanket ban across all the time). Reason being is that silly squaddies took happy snaps that located troops in places they shouldnt be, like Ukraine!
A family member of mine has just deployed to Estonia and isn't allowed on there phone at all unless it's in the WIFI room. For those of you unfamiliar with what a Wifi room is, its basically a room which is completely blocked of from the outside world with Anti-radio frequency equipment installed in the walls. This stops anyone being able to jam or intercept communications.

Although he never mentioned the Wifi, I assume this to be on a secure military network.

Depends. You’re given talks about what you can post and shit on social media.

When you’re allowed to use it is dependant on who’s running the troop/section and how well you’re doing. They can give you them for 30 mins at night and take them back or leave you with them and you’re only allowed to use them in you’re own time.
Do you know if the same procedure is taking for equipment such as Laptops?

JNM

Old-Salt
Do you know if the same procedure is taking for equipment such as Laptops?
Atm i’m in a room with someone who’s bought a laptop. Guessing it depends what your section commanders want to do. Personally wouldn’t take a laptop because the only time you’d be able to use it really would be Sunday’s and even then a lot of your time will likely be taken up by admin and shit.