Taking his mistress to a Mess function.

Me too, but not that I'm aware of. Both are still alive and without any notable scars or injuries, at least.

Well, they're either terrible with a sabre or even worse with a Glock! Or there was no duel and we're staring at the moral decline of the British Army!

Allan74

Old-Salt
Exactly how any coven of witches would react, with the added bonus of a ridged class distinction of husbands rank, which as they are all classed officially as civilian" Excess baggage" all with pretensions of high office would react...bitching, back biting, slaging off, and being WOMEN...nothing changes...only the uniform..... :salut:
And throw in the spice that some of the younger wives may well have decent careers of their own and don't take kindly to be lectured by other wives (no matter how senior the 'lecturing' womans husband).

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I hope they played this at the function

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
And throw in the spice that some of the younger wives may well have decent careers of their own and don't take kindly to be lectured by other wives (no matter how senior the 'lecturing' womans husband).

More and more wives are avoiding the Mess, they have better things to do than attend.
Pisses off some RSMs that a ladies dinner night has hardly any takers. Soldiers might have to pretend the Mess is great, wives don't.

Londo

LE
Everyone? Or just someone who thought one incident in the Mess is how you judge someone's leadership skills in his day job.

Yeah don't bother wasting your time trying to convince anyone that your promotion should be based on your behaviour in a Mess, you'll only make yourself look silly.
Have a nice cup of tea .
It may make you feel better :)

Have a nice cup of tea .
It may make you feel better :)

Try judging people on how the act at work rather than how they act in a bar, it makes for a better workplace.

Bluenose2

War Hero
Presumably the married couple are getting a divorce to allow Soldier A to then marry his mistress...

....not exactly unheardo of in the world 'outside the wire' with some divorcing couples forced to stay in the same property due to financial reasons.

That would be quite a pertinent and important fact for the daughter to fail to pass on to her mother and the OP, especially if she wanted to keep them on-side in her choice of potential long-term partner.

Q_Man

Old-Salt
The roses will wilt once divorce arrives half of his pension may vanish along with paying for the nipper etc.

Many moons ago the wife and I were due to attend a mess function alas she went woman down and insisted I attend and take some one else so the sister volunteered. The looks she was given were bloody evil. Come Monday morning I was in front of the families Officer he never asked me what the score was before ripping me a new one. Once he had finished I happily told the smug twat that I was not into banging my sister his jaw hit the table I also informed him that both the PMC RSM and Co were all aware as I was on the top table. Score one for me the wife even laughed at the in signed notes that came through the post thingy un signed telling her I was having an affair lol the wives Mafia failed big style.
One of mates left an NI tour early for a career course. Was put on duty on said course over the weekend of the welcome home piss up.

I chatted to him about the do, he suggested instead of kipping in my bunk with my then girlfriend, I stay at his pad and take his wife and my missus to the do.

Duly turned up at the do with both women, was asked by the Orderly Sergeant why I had both mine and my mates ladies in tow, I said it was all about the threesome.

Monday morning I was in the badges office. Fair play he was calm and gave me a chance to explain.

Thought I'd best ring my mate to warn him of the jungle drums and he asked if I'd fucked his wife.

I of course replied that I hadn't, he then shouted, and this is why I love squaddies;

"Why not? Are you saying my wife's ugly?"

I still have a Brigadiers wife in my local - it comes up fairly regularly....
Over the pool table, outside in the beer garden or a quickie in the bogs?

More and more wives are avoiding the Mess, they have better things to do than attend.
Pisses off some RSMs that a ladies dinner night has hardly any takers. Soldiers might have to pretend the Mess is great, wives don't.
Is that recent Stacker or down to poor Mess committees?

Up to 2017 (in my experience) Ladies dinner nights etc were very well attended.

Up until 2019.

Let's face it, Mess functions aren't anything special any more.

Having the RSM getting drunk and being a **** isn't exactly a great advert for the Mess.

anglo

LE
goodbye thread.jpg

Probably because it was a three line whip.

Probably because it was a three line whip.
For Mess members usually yes.

I enjoyed my time in the Mess, though admittedly those held in the Fatherland were usually a better night.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread so i'll leave it at that.

For Mess members usually yes.

I enjoyed my time in the Mess, though admittedly those held in the Fatherland were usually a better night.

Anyway, don't want to derail the thread so i'll leave it at that.
Thanks for showing that the mess could and can be a positive place

The effect of Mess life on your career is dependent on the unit you serve with. I can see why it may form a big part of an infanteer’s CR, but as an RLC Ammo Tech it mattered not one jot. I attended functions if I desired, not because others demanded.

It was quite funny at HQ 2Div when the RSM Resettlement WO tried to dick my Tp WO for PMC “Can’t fit it in” was the reply. The RSM Resettlement WO was apoplectic. I’d just like to know if he was more apoplectic when he complained to the OC and was fücked off as well.

I value the Mess for many reasons, but not as someones personal fiefdom and would always push back when someone acted like that.

Latest Threads