Taking a Sabbatical

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by FindFixStroke, Feb 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone have any info on sabbaticals? Trying to bother my desk officer, but he appears to be avoiding me.

I'm interested in application process/return of service and so on - be eternally grateful!

2. Easy and encouraged - it reduces the in-year costs. Push for it if you want it.
  3. I take it you're referring to a Career Break? :?

JSP 760 will keep you right on this.

Most career breaks are taken by joint married Service personnel when their spouse get's posted overseas and they want to join them.

Or, I knew someone who missed out on the travelling bit when they were at Uni, and just wanted time out to see the world.

It's unpaid and it doesn't count towards your days in Service.

And remember, a day out of the office is a day wasted! :D
  4. That's exactly what I was after. Thank you!
  5. Out of idle curiosity, is the LS&GC qualification affected by this break in service?
  6. We have a 2 month sabbatical every 6 years, added to annual leave means 3 months (paid) leave to enjoy the family/travel etc and well worth it
  7. Yes, according to the JSP a career break will not count towards time served.
  8. RC, when you see WE, I take it you are referring to your current employer and not the RAF?
  9. I thought that if a soldier signed off, changed their minds then signed back on again, they could no longer qualify for the LS&GC. Are the T&Cs for a sabbatical different to signing off?
  10. That's a new one on me - and if true, I'd better hand mine back!