taking a camera to basic ?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Troy.p, Sep 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Am i allowed or can i get away with taking a camera onto basic training ?
  2. Whats wrong with a camera phone?
  3. At a guess, because they take such shite photos.
  4. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

or smashed so you cant steal their soul.
    • Like Like x 5
  5. Don't take it. You'll have no time to use it, and there's nothing exciting to take photos of! If you take it on ex, it'll get trashed, wet, broken.

Unless you want to take photos of men in the showers?
  6. The only camera you will need (and be grateful to see) is the one that takes your Passing Out parade photo.

That said, a few mates of mine who have just joined seem to have no problem with posting millions of pictures of their Basic Training on Facebook, along with hilarious comments like "Just got me beret LOL!"

Just realised, I need better friends.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. got a shitberry , camera stoped working !
  8. Conker-bollocks did his basic when it took 20 minutes and half a ******* pound of flash powder to take a picture so ignore his ramblings.

Take it. You will have time to use it, you will probably find most things exciting and will want to take phots. If you take it on exercise it will get trashed, wet, broken - unless of course, you ensure that it doesn't get trashed, wet or broken.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. nice one, il make sure i dont take out out in exercise then .
  10. I would echo this, don't take anything that is expensive and is easily nickable. You don't know who you are rooming with and stuff does go walkabout.
  11. Ask for a GoPro as a 'going away present' then you can wear it in the showers and film everyone else trashing breaking and getting wet.
  12. Does red eye reduction still work after three days without sleep?
  13. Why not get your mates in your section/platoon to send you the pictures that they take on their phones?
  14. Jocks and scousers don't have a soul, GG, just a sense of injustice and angry self-pity.
  15. You're not connected to that odious piece of genetic filth known as russel sharp are you? aka 'Undercover Soldier' (he fcuking wishes he was a soldier).

You remember the chap, swore the Oath of Allegiance and joined up... then jacked, and produced a TV programme smearing the Army.