Take my DS to Basic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1
Can I take my Nintendo DS Lite to Phase 1 with me as I have got this game 'walk with me' and I know during basic I will be doing a lot of that so it would be good to bring along to track my progress and motivate me, It also has built in WIFI so would I be able to use that or is that not allowed until phase 2?

THanks,.
 
#2
You think you are going to be allowed to take gadgets when you are out for a bimble? :D

If the Army tells you to take a pencil, they dont mean a pencil with a rubber on the end, they mean a pencil, that means when they tell you to turn up in PT kit or fighting order, it will mean just that, i do not forsee the kit list having a Nintendo DS on it ;) :D

If its electronic, it stays in your locker until you finish training for the day, exactly the same as your phone :)

But if it is just for using at night, then why not, we might keep some 19th century traditions but we are quite humane :)
 
#4
Kiss goodbye to Facebook, in fact kiss goodbye to the Internet, if you managed to get Wifi it will be sketchy at best.

Perhaps you should book Butlins for your training ;) :D
 
#5
BornSlippy said:
But how then am I going to update my Facebook status bar when im out in the field??!
Im 99% sure you are, but just to be safe PLEASE confirm your joking :)
 
#6
LiamP said:
BornSlippy said:
But how then am I going to update my Facebook status bar when im out in the field??!
Im 99% sure you are, but just to be safe PLEASE confirm your joking :)
But in the army DVD I got it showed a guy playing drum and base on his decks whilst his mates played on the xbox together... and I cant even bring a DS? Well thats fair!!
 
#7
BornSlippy said:
LiamP said:
BornSlippy said:
But how then am I going to update my Facebook status bar when im out in the field??!
Im 99% sure you are, but just to be safe PLEASE confirm your joking :)
But in the army DVD I got it showed a guy playing drum and base on his decks whilst his mates played on the xbox together... and I cant even bring a DS? Well thats fair!!
aye and they were probably well paid actors, when in reality the real owners of them bed spaces were probably scrubbing the shitters :D
 
#8
BornSlippy said:
LiamP said:
BornSlippy said:
But how then am I going to update my Facebook status bar when im out in the field??!
Im 99% sure you are, but just to be safe PLEASE confirm your joking :)
But in the army DVD I got it showed a guy playing drum and base on his decks whilst his mates played on the xbox together... and I cant even bring a DS? Well thats fair!!
What DVD are you watching? You sure that DVD wasn't just about batallion life rather than training? Either way don't go in thinking your going to be training your thumb skills on some xbox.
 
#12
LiamP said:
What DVD are you watching? You sure that DVD wasn't just about batallion life rather than training? Either way don't go in thinking your going to be training your thumb skills on some xbox.
Err if 2 nutters learnt how to pilot commercial airliners into the WTC then I think I can learn to be a soldier playing halo 3.
 
#14
BornSlippy said:
LiamP said:
BornSlippy said:
But how then am I going to update my Facebook status bar when im out in the field??!
Im 99% sure you are, but just to be safe PLEASE confirm your joking :)
But in the army DVD I got it showed a guy playing drum and base on his decks whilst his mates played on the xbox together... and I cant even bring a DS? Well thats fair!!
for the first 7 weeks you get naff all after that once all kit is done do whatever you want but this is the army your joining not the girl guides/space cadets so man up and shut up.
 
#15
They took everything off my son, his lap top, psp and his roller blades. They were only allowed 10mins at the end of the day to use their mobile phone. Also banned were chocolate and sweets. They werent even allowed to use the vending machines for the first six weeks.
 
#16
BornSlippy said:
LiamP said:
What DVD are you watching? You sure that DVD wasn't just about batallion life rather than training? Either way don't go in thinking your going to be training your thumb skills on some xbox.
Err if 2 nutters learnt how to pilot commercial airliners into the WTC then I think I can learn to be a soldier playing halo 3.
Alright any words that henceforth spill from your shitter or, in this case, the ends of your fingers, I am going to take as 100% banter. Only thing is, your the only one involved. Good luck. Just leave the game, not worth the hassel.
 
#20
He thought he knew it all and wouldt listen. He was under the misconception that at the end of the day he would be able to do his own thing and he heard a rumour that Harrogate had half pipe. He learnt the hard way cold turkey. The blades are back at home now
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar threads

Top