Take a walk Messrs Blair & Brown

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by TheIronDuke, Jan 15, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Worth 3 minutes of your time if you drive, or rely on someone who does? Or if you think Blair and Brown are a pair of money grubbing three card trick merchants?
    ----------------------

Here is something I feel passionate about, looks like the bloody government are going to get away with this but with have to stop it! Please forward to everyone you know that owns a car/M/Cycle, or has owned a car, or is thinking of owning one in the future.

After paying:
    Road Fund Licence (Tax...for having a car)
    Fuel Duty (Tax....for using fuel in your car)
    Parking fines (Tax because councils don't provide enough parking)
    Fixed Penalty notices (Tax for getting caught, momentarily exceeding the
    speed limit)

The Government are now taking the mick if they think we are going to take "Mileage Tax" lying down!! Join us in trying to stop the "Prince of Darkness (AKA – Gordon Brown) squeezing more out of your wallets!! I don't know about you, but I could not do my job if I had to rely on Public Transport...it would be physically impossible.

So if you want to do something about it sign up, and have your voice heard!
    The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC,the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a fine and 3 points with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website
    http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

2. I've had a bit of a butcher's on t'internet on this and, as far as I can make out, every square inch of road in the UK has been funded/built using taxpayers' money. So why an additional charge should be made for driving/parking on UK roads is a bit of a mystery to me.

MsG

Note to Sven: even the ostensibly "private" roads were funded by taxpayers!

3. C'mon Bugsy...it's quite simple...they're cnuts!

4. It's a wonderful ploy if you can get away with it charging somebody for using their own kit, but will they get away with it? Well they got away with the Iraq venture and that cost British lives this only costs money.