Take 2 - Online Tonight (probably)

OK - new ARRSE should be back on tonight, with the following changes:

1) The speed problem (I still deny there was one :) ) cured.

2) Avatars on the left.

3) Avatar column narrower.

4) No 'online' tags against users on the forums. This is because is needed extra processing. I may put it back once we get the new super-server.

5) More standard very light blue / grey post background.

6) Slightly more prominent demarcation between forum posts.

So, I standby for incoming!

could you also disable the [RANT] font. I think it would improve the site! :wink:

Ski.

edited to add, but please don't delete the [talking bollocks] font, or i'll be screwed!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Nice one boss - don't forget my swear-box!

Looks great from here, thanks for all the hard work (snivelling wretch that I am).

Using Firefox 2.0.0.12, no problems to report so far.

Good CO said:
OK - new ARRSE should be back on tonight, with the following changes:

1) The speed problem (I still deny there was one :) ) cured.

quote]

The delay in loading a page is still there but reduced on this version. I use at work and on the old new one made it very difficult to open/minimise quickly as it remained on the screen when swapping between pages for too long. It was not boss resistant but I can get away with it in it's current form. Danke.

StumpyHussar said:
The delay in loading a page is still there but reduced on this version. I use at work and on the old new one made it very difficult to open/minimise quickly as it remained on the screen when swapping between pages for too long. It was not boss resistant but I can get away with it in it's current form. Danke.
Which browser are you using - IE6?

Good CO said:
StumpyHussar said:
I am using IE6 on DII(F) and IE7 on my work laptop via a 1 Meg BB. Speeds seem pretty similar to me, IE6/DII combo slightly slower but that may be down to the IGS?

Good CO said:
StumpyHussar said:
Yup IE6 and the delay wasn't there at all when using the old one.

It's a shame those little "personal messages" no longer pop up when you log on. I quite liked those, although it was a bit unnerving at first reading things like: "Bugsy, shouldn't you be working, you skiving git?

Otherwise no probs and the speed has improved tremendously. Well done COs!

MsG