Taiwan - Chances of War with China this year?

Biden's backers are calling in the marker.
Isn't it a bit of a coincidence that, so soon after the Afghanistan debacle and all the domestic criticism that went with it, routine activities in the area are suddenly being talked about in such ominous tones?

Biden yet again going off script on Taiwan:

Joe Biden suggests US would defend Taiwan against China, forcing fresh White House clarification

Or is he? For all his faults, Trump may have invented a new foreign policy, creative ambiguity through doubts about the sanity of the US president!

I personally believe that both Trump and Biden are saner than their detractors think.
There is a precedent. The communist bloc considered Nixon mad. Which made them a bit more circumspect.

Biden yet again going off script on Taiwan:

Joe Biden suggests US would defend Taiwan against China, forcing fresh White House clarification

Or is he? For all his faults, Trump may have invented a new foreign policy, creative ambiguity through doubts about the sanity of the US president!

I personally believe that both Trump and Biden are saner than their detractors think.
The thing with Biden is, he's as corrupt as they come and has form for lying. He can't be trusted and is a crap ally. Look how he abandoned his own allies in Afghanistan. He will keep messing up time and time again and make Americans poorer by the week. By the time it comes around to voting again - America will be begging for someone like Trump to take over the white house and try and undo all the damage the Biden administration has done.
I feel sorry for the USA regular people just now, and for some of the USA's allies, because the day that Biden was (fake) voted in, your country got worse and the world became a more dangerous place to live (ask the people abandoned in Afghanistan about that).

Biden strikes me as a senile sociopath who was a mediocrity on the best day of his life. He's presiding over a deeply divided party, a deeply divided country, and a problem economy. A perceived external threat might be helpful right about now.

Biden is also in thrall to some very cynical backers whose raison d'etre is accumulating obscene amounts of wealth.

Expect a new cold war in South East Asia. Don't be surprised if Iran becomes more and more of a political issue in 2022 either.

Expect a new cold war in South East Asia. Don't be surprised if Iran becomes more and more of a political issue in 2022 either.
Unfortunately, and forgive me if I seem to go off on a tangent here. Watch this, then my conclusion after.

It is no secret that the world is in a difficult place, global tensions abound, we have had a global pandemic, war drums are being beaten in various countries to try to divert populations from Governmental dilemmas, climate change is upon us and our population explosion is out of hand.

It will be no 'Cold War!'

Increasingly on the cards is a coming 'Hot War' the like of which may well purge this planet, and press the reset button.

We may...or may not, have by that time, sent a mission to ???

Not sure how much of a favour that will be to the universe.

Unfortunately, and forgive me if I seem to go off on a tangent here. Watch this, then my conclusion after.

It is no secret that the world is in a difficult place, global tensions abound, we have had a global pandemic, war drums are being beaten in various countries to try to divert populations from Governmental dilemmas, climate change is upon us and our population explosion is out of hand.

It will be no 'Cold War!'

Increasingly on the cards is a coming 'Hot War' the like of which may well purge this planet, and press the reset button. It will certainly alter the population figures.

We may...or may not, have by that time, sent a mission to ???

Not sure how much of a favour that will be to the universe.