Tailored TOS

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by tank6275, Sep 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm lead to believe that our scottish RLC regiment is going to TOS very shortly and was wondering where the best place is to get a tailored TOS as im lead to believe the issued ones arent great.

It's being welcomed with mixed results i believe

2. It's all part of the corporate identity of 'Army in Scotland' am just wait for 23 to start wearing one! The evac sqns of the RLC already do so STR wearing them wont be far off.

3. yea folk are saying it looks a bit naff with the macduff tartan, on the upside were possibly all changing to WO's and officers style stable belt, think that'll look quite smart

4. This season I have mostly been wearing a ToS styled by a boutique firm experienced in the ways of tailoring fine highland headwear...

Top Of Soldier Bonnets
    01980 849 046
    07762 557 463

The new issued ToSs aren't that bad, though, in my opinion.

Charlie

5. Just curious Tank, but which regiment is it that you're talking about?

6. I used to be in 154 Lowland Transport Regiment some years back. I thought it was Stewart tartan though?

7. not aware of that tartan in the history its been macduff for some time

8. thats unquestionably the end of the bloody world; Meyer & Mortimer with a website and RLC shopping there for TOS's.......... Place has gone mad, completely mad....

9. not sure whether i should take offence to that?? and if so which part of it haha

10. I could be wrong, it was a while back and to be perfectly honest I didn't think much about it at the time, I just put it on my beret and forgot about it.

Either way, I'm all for the ToS. We should have had it back in my day too!

11. im not sure what to think yet, so many rumored changes!! with the TOS coming in, changing stable belt and the future working dress its all going on, although the new working dress has been rumored for some time, we are yet to see it.

I have to say though with big changes at my sqn and a new CO for the regiment things are definatly looking up, especially after a new format exercise in germany focusing now on current situations and no more fighting the russians

12. oh decisions, decisions....... what's a girl to do?

13. Ive just had a look at the stewart tartan and im almost positive that its worn by 225 GS med regiment on a TOS, particularly 231 sqn in glenrothes which once was part of the scottish transport regiment