Tailored MTP

I’ve noticed a lot of people around camp are cutting around with tailor fitted MTP. Is kit tailoring a service that can be done through the army or will it have to be done through a civilian tailor?

Depends where you are and who you know.

I have seen guys shit on from a great height for a slight kit modification, yet on the other side of the coin there are places where many have sewn in creases, for example.

Sometimes the QM's have a tailor who will for a consideration do an alteration. Alternatively nip off to the town and get it done at an alterations place, or get you mum/wife/girlfriend/mistress to do the job. You could even learn to be a stitch bitch yourself and make some schekels doing alterations and making gear for the lads.

The missus's mum is a qualified seamstress so I got her to take in the sides of my shirts as I was sick of that big lump of bagginess either side. So find a civvy tailor that can do what you want or see if you unit has a tailor shop.

ugly

LE
The missus's mum is a qualified seamstress so I got her to take in the sides of my shirts as I was sick of that big lump of bagginess either side. So find a civvy tailor that can do what you want or see if you unit has a tailor shop.
Shirts or jackets?
seriously though the MTP barracks shirt looks ok, save your pfennigs and dont willfully damage HM's kit to look good.

I knew a lad had to take his kit home in depot to be tailored, because the stores didn't have any small enough for him
I was guard commander one time and when I woke one young lad for his stag he got out of his pit and his lightweights fell down. He was wearing a 58 pattern belt so I told him to tighten it. He replied “there’s no holes left sergeant!

Shirts or jackets?
seriously though the MTP barracks shirt looks ok, save your pfennigs and dont willfully damage HM's kit to look good.
The shirt. And you're right, it's not too bad, but I just hated the big puff of material around the waist that I had to keep tucking in. Although I'm not the slimmest of blokes, I'm still not at the stage where I've eaten enough Greggs to have a form fitting belly.

Tailor your buckshees*, leave the kit on your flick un-altered that way everyone's happy.

* Naturally you will have retained the receipt that supports your private ownership of these items.

Only bit of kit I ever owned that actually fitted were the socks!

Even my cap badge was baggy on me!
Back in the days of lightweights and shirts hairy, I could spend an hour, and half a tin of starch ironing them, put it on and still look like an empty, wet sandbag.

You can get a chit from the QMs if you find the standard sizes genuinely arent fitting you and this will get you tailored kit free of charge, usually tall cnuts or females. If your shirt is too baggy go a size down, FYI your shirt will usually be a size smaller than the old PCS jackets.

Pearls are optional:

I was guard commander one time and when I woke one young lad for his stag he got out of his pit and his lightweights fell down. He was wearing a 58 pattern belt so I told him to tighten it. He replied “there’s no holes left sergeant!
Yeah alright we'll believe you, you went to a young lads bed and his trousers "fell down". Did that excuse work in court?

You can get a chit from the QMs if you find the standard sizes genuinely arent fitting you and this will get you tailored kit free of charge, usually tall cnuts or females. If your shirt is too baggy go a size down, FYI your shirt will usually be a size smaller than the old PCS jackets.
You can ask for a chit...

Tailor your buckshees*, leave the kit on your flick un-altered that way everyone's happy.

* Naturally you will have retained the receipt that supports your private ownership of these items.
You don't have to prove you bought them, the cozzers have to prove you stole them.

Depends where you are and who you know.

I have seen guys shit on from a great height for a slight kit modification, yet on the other side of the coin there are places where many have sewn in creases, for example.

Sometimes the QM's have a tailor who will for a consideration do an alteration. Alternatively nip off to the town and get it done at an alterations place, or get you mum/wife/girlfriend/mistress to do the job. You could even learn to be a stitch bitch yourself and make some schekels doing alterations and making gear for the lads.
If you want to look like a ponce!