Taggart - What was that all about?

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by cabbage_head, Aug 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I feel a bit disturbed after watching Taggart tonight and the training regime that was in place at that fictional Scottish training unit. However, the 50 year old Sergeant did have a better office than George Bush. But he still ate in the cookhouse with plastic diggers!
  2. And its still on. Check it out!
  3. Very disturbing, how many barracks have cages for solitary punishment in the middle of the woods?
  4. You mean yours doesn't :? 8O
  5. I had a staffy a couple of years back who had a cage like this.

You had to stand in it whilst he was throwing water over you.
  6. CALL TAGGART THERES BEEN A MURRDERRR!! In a Scottish Gravel like voice... :lol:
    Yeah saw the episode last night coulden't help notice a few inaccuracys...Sad i know, but if they are going to show this they must get the detail just right.. :lol:

1. Sound effects of the Rifle being fired..Sounded like it had a silencer on...Wrong

2. Was this a training camp or a regular camp? If a Sergeant walked into our room we certainly woulden't stand bolt rigid..More like pull up a chair fella,,,and get a cold one from the fridge.. :lol:

3. Web belts the guys were wearing..Wrong type..looked more like yank design..Wrong..Again..

4. Also the "The Rifle" was an A1 design saw the old type cocking handle..Again ..Wrong... :lol:

5. Who goes for a 5mile run in 95 rig complete..Cmon lose the shirt..

Surely these shows must have an Army liason on the show to guide and give an accurate description of Army life and equipment used, saying that am always shouting at the telly at that crap tv series "Ultimate Farce" :lol:

Your views peeps, did anyone else out there spot the mistakes..And more maybe... :lol:
  7. Not that i know of, maybe I just haven't been bad enough :p :p
  8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Or good enough :twisted: :wink:
  9. Dance_with_the_devil what are you on about? Ultimate Force is excellent and is nearly as good as Bad Girls.
  10. Ha Ha Just fell of my chair laughing, and i suppose you think Ross Kemp was in the SAS.... :lol:

Attached Files: