Tactical Recognition Flashes in all their glory.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by TVEDU_RED, Mar 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been a lot of chat recently about the TRF, what it is, when it's due to come in and why etc...

We've seen and been told nothing at my Regt (or i wasn't listening) but i've found this which has recently been uploaded. Thought it might help, it's worth a chuckle. First time I've seen our nice multi coloured effort.

Tactical Recognition Flashes
  2. They're all lovely. I particulary like the fact that the "Joint" NBC Regiment has different flashes for the Army and the RAF though!
  3. Obviously we like to keep current at my regt...

Clearly the thought of having so many colours on one badge hasn't gone down so well...
  4. I think they are all completely pointless.

However did we manage before? 8O

I have a beret and a stable belt for in camp.

On exercise does it really matter?

In a tank = tankie
    In a truck with stores = loggieI
    In a fcuking huge amphibious metal box = Engr
    Nice and warm and dry in a 4 tonner = Signals

Its not hard is it?
  5. Nice to see the gunners listed as a corps. Why do they insist that they are a regiment?
  6. Looks like some units are gonna have dolly mixtures stuck to the fcuking arms :lol:
  7. Do you reckon these buggers are going to become part of MK tests in the future? More useless sh*te to learn!
  8. And What about the TA element of the Joint NBC Regiment.

We currently wear the RAF TRF....

9. they never give you enough flashes for every shirt/smock anyway.
  10. No RMP one?
  11. Yes, and the RAF one looks more subdued-tactical
  12. Signals Tac signs used to be white over blue
  13. Think the dreaded red MP badge stands out alright as it is!
  14. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

How will the amalgation of the Infantry Regiments affect TRFs?
  15. I noticed they've already ommitted some of the regiments, for example the RGBW from the list. From the way the Army is going with badges the amalgamated regiments will probably wear all the badges from the original units on their sleeves - making it so that it will no longer be possible to roll up sleeves for summer order.