TACTICAL RECOGNITION FLASH FOR AMS CORPS

SHOULD THE AMS HAVE ONE TRF FOR ALL OR SHOULD EACH CORPS HAVE ITS OWN?

• One for the AMS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Each Corps gets their own

• Can not be ARRSED sewing on any more badges

• Total voters
I got the idea for this from another thread.

What should the TRFs look like?

DL, I noticed your comments on the 2 Med Bde flash. What does it look like?

I think we should avoid the red cross as it is a protected symbol under the Geneva Convention and should go for a miniture copy of the stable belt if we want to be really unoriginal.

Should this not read for the Defence Medical Services - A number of RAF or RN team members are posted to AMS Units.

Also why are non combatant soldiers being tactical :twisted:

GP3_Bunny said:
Also why are non combatant soldiers being tactical :twisted:
I take it this was thrown in to start the usual comments and counter comments off

lunchy_bunsworth said:
Tried to get a picture of one, but no such luck :roll:

it is a shield, dark green and black, with a rod and serpent around the rod. I think it has a black cross behind it.

it is not so much the flash, but what it signifies to me :evil:

Look at other threads to see my "distaste" of some, not all, TA

But I believe a flash is what is needed for the AMS, and seperate ones for each Corps......don't want anyone thinking I am a QA.....no comments on my arrse size please :roll:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Speckled_Jim said:
I think we should avoid the red cross as it is a protected symbol under the Geneva Convention and should go for a miniture copy of the stable belt if we want to be really unoriginal.

Not something similar to a 23 PFA DZ flash by any chance ?
:lol:

Cutaway said:
Speckled_Jim said:

i think thats what he's getting at :roll: however its 16 CSMR now

dui-lai said:
lunchy_bunsworth said:
Tried to get a picture of one, but no such luck :roll:

it is a shield, dark green and black, with a rod and serpent around the rod. I think it has a black cross behind it.
Here you go, it on this page:

http://www.army.mod.uk/presscentre/rank_and_regimental_insignia/Formation_Badges.htm

Other TRF's (I note the Veterinary Corps get thier own!)

http://www.army.mod.uk/presscentre/rank_and_regimental_insignia/Tactical_Recognition_Flashes.htm

Also note the AGC have 5!

Woart said:
The TRF for the RAMC is the Red Cross Arm Band as per RAMC Dress Regs.

So why change something we all ready got.!
Woart,
I must agree with DL on this one (though it pains me to do so). I don’t want to seem pedantic but the Red Cross is not a TRF. It is just that, a Red Cross. What it means is that its wearer is protected by that part of the GC. Padres, drivers, RE and so on all wear the Red Cross as do Inf/RAC RMAs (or whatever they are called this month) but they are not in the RAMC/AMS. My understanding is that a TRF is there to identify which Corps/Bn you are in when ho cap badge is visible. So a Red Cross does not fit the bill. The current trend throughout the Army tends to lean toward the Corps/Bn stable belt. I think that the RAVC may have stolen a march on the rest of the AMS on this one. I wonder if this will this prove to be another AMS cluster. :wink:

Ventress

LE
Cutaway said:
Speckled_Jim said:

Urgh! The horror!

lunchy_bunsworth said:
It is just that, a Red Cross. What it means is that its wearer is protected by that part of the GC. Padres, drivers, RE and so on all wear the Red Cross as do Inf/RAC RMAs (or whatever they are called this month) but they are not in the RAMC/AMS.
however the difference being that the Red Cross worn by medically trained personnel is larger than the non-med Red Cross and has been franked.
Why do we need flashes? is it so that people have a badge to sew on their uniform? Want a badge? do a course.
A red cross is a lot more recognisable than a small piece of cloth with Corps colours on it, how many non-AMS would know what the RAMC, RADC or QARANC colours are? (how many AMS would??) everyone knows the red cross.
People see the 2 Med Bde flash and instantly think 'TA'!!