Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by lunchy_bunsworth, Apr 23, 2005.

1. One for the AMS

2. Each Corps gets their own

3. Can not be ARRSED sewing on any more badges

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I got the idea for this from another thread.

What should the TRFs look like?

DL, I noticed your comments on the 2 Med Bde flash. What does it look like?
  2. I think it should be like what at one time was worn on the old battle dress a small round red cross.
  3. I think we should avoid the red cross as it is a protected symbol under the Geneva Convention and should go for a miniture copy of the stable belt if we want to be really unoriginal.
  4. Should this not read for the Defence Medical Services - A number of RAF or RN team members are posted to AMS Units.

Also why are non combatant soldiers being tactical :twisted:
  5. I take it this was thrown in to start the usual comments and counter comments off
  6. Tried to get a picture of one, but no such luck :roll:

it is a shield, dark green and black, with a rod and serpent around the rod. I think it has a black cross behind it.

it is not so much the flash, but what it signifies to me :evil:

Look at other threads to see my "distaste" of some, not all, TA

But I believe a flash is what is needed for the AMS, and seperate ones for each Corps......don't want anyone thinking I am a QA.....no comments on my arrse size please :roll:
  7. Why would we want you anyway!!!!

8. Touche :oops:
  9. The TRF for the RAMC is the Red Cross Arm Band as per RAMC Dress Regs.

So why change something we all ready got.!
  10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Not something similar to a 23 PFA DZ flash by any chance ?
  11. i think thats what he's getting at :roll: however its 16 CSMR now
  12. Here you go, it on this page:

Other TRF's (I note the Veterinary Corps get thier own!)

Also note the AGC have 5!
  13. Cheers for that matey :oops: Couldn't find the bugger :roll:
  14. Woart,
    I must agree with DL on this one (though it pains me to do so). I don’t want to seem pedantic but the Red Cross is not a TRF. It is just that, a Red Cross. What it means is that its wearer is protected by that part of the GC. Padres, drivers, RE and so on all wear the Red Cross as do Inf/RAC RMAs (or whatever they are called this month) but they are not in the RAMC/AMS. My understanding is that a TRF is there to identify which Corps/Bn you are in when ho cap badge is visible. So a Red Cross does not fit the bill. The current trend throughout the Army tends to lean toward the Corps/Bn stable belt. I think that the RAVC may have stolen a march on the rest of the AMS on this one. I wonder if this will this prove to be another AMS cluster. :wink:
  15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Yep, like it. The Navy Med Branch look good in theirs. Plus a nice posh one for No2's.