Tactical Recognition badge.....identifing?

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by modwatchdog, Jul 16, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone point me in the direction of a good website, that gives pics of all the TR badges, I`m trying to ID one, but I can`t seem to find which regiment it comes from, its thin black thick green thin black.

Anyone got any ideas?
  2. Sounds like the Royal Welsh TRF, don`t think its readily available yet, hence your problem in identifing it. I`ve seen one on Ebay recently, if that helps any? Because the Regiment is so new all the stuff relation to it is really hard to get hold off, rank slides & the like. Their getting a new cap badge soon as well!
  3. I think I`m right in saying that they used to use this one when the were the Royal Welsh Regiment, but since the became the Royal Welsh, they`ve dropped the dragon & added another blue band under the green one? Can anyone else shine any more light on this?

Attached Files:

4. sounds like 3 royal welsh possibly
  5. Cheers Sticky, thats the one!! So its just 3 Royal Welsh that have this one then?

I assume that 1 & 2, use the dragon one?
  6. As far as i know the 2 regular battalions use different dragon trf's to denote 1st or 2nd battalion.
  7. Cheers Sticky. Anyone any idea which one has which?

Also can anyone tell me if either battalion has a PRI shop, and how can I contact them?