Tactical Nuclear Penguin

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DesktopCommando, Nov 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/north_east/8380412.stm

'World's strongest' beer with 32% strength launched

A controversial Scottish brewery has launched what it described as the world's strongest beer - with a 32% alcohol content.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin has been unveiled by BrewDog of Fraserburgh.

BrewDog was previously branded irresponsible for a 18.2% beer called Tokyo, which it then followed with a low alcohol beer called Nanny State.

Managing director James Watt said a limited supply of Tactical Nuclear Penguin would be sold for £30 each.

This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance
    Tactical Nuclear Penguin label warning

He said: "This beer is about pushing the boundaries, it is about taking innovation in beer to a whole new level."

Mr Watt added that a beer such as Tactical Nuclear Penguin should be drunk in "spirit sized measures".

A warning on the label states: "This is an extremely strong beer; it should be enjoyed in small servings and with an air of aristocratic nonchalance. In exactly the same manner that you would enjoy a fine whisky, a Frank Zappa album or a visit from a friendly yet anxious ghost."

However Jack Law, of Alcohol Focus Scotland, described it was a "cynical marketing ploy" and said: "We want to know why a brewer would produce a beer almost as strong as whisky."

The beer has been launched on the day alcohol was at the top of the political agenda with the unveiling of the Scottish government's Alcohol Bill including proposals for minimum pricing on drink.

Meanwhile, BrewDog's plans for a new headquarters to producing millions of bottles of beer a year have been approved by Aberdeenshire Council.

The decision was taken at a full council meeting despite having been recommended for refusal by officers because the site at Potterton, near Aberdeen, is in the green belt.

[hr]

Definatley might be worth a Christmas Prezzie :)

2. I like special brew - just a half litre. Pointless if you can only drink a thimble full like this IMO

3. Oh dear god no! Scotland was a world renowned centre of culture, philosophy and enlightened thinking until Carlsberg invented Special Brew.

A new phrase enters the Scots language: Away doon the offy an' git me a couple o' Tactical Nukes. Just wait till NSA starts picking this up on internet chatter. The US Marines will invade Scotland and end up in the same place as the 9th Legion.

Would have sold more if they'd called in 'Nagasaki'. How the hell are off licences to compete with heroin dealers if they cant sell the stuff the doctor rubs your arm with before giving you an injection?

Scottish Certificate of Education Standard Grade Mathematics 2010, Question 1: Senga is 14, pregnant and lives in Springburn. How many cans of Tactical Nuke can her current boyfriend buy with her maternity grant? Assume neither Senga nor her boyfriend are asylum seekers.

I look forward to seeing pi$$ed winos with swamped trousers collapsed in shop doorways at 0900 next time I'm in Glasgow. Maintaining an air of 'aristocratic nonchalance' while you lost dignity, consciousness and bladder control should be impressive.

In Glasgow, that means half a bottle in the morning and another half in the afternoon after you wake up.

4. [quote="Ancient_Mariner]Maintaining an air of 'aristocratic nonchalance' while you lost dignity, consciousness and bladder control should be impressive.

[/quote]

For generations the denizens of the House of Lords have managed...

5. Some things are in the breeding. You can't teach 'em.

6. So that will be a pint of tennants super with a Tactical Nuclear Penguin chaser...should go down well in some of the 'classier' bars in Glasgow.

7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

At £30.00 a bottle? Either the jakies are ex-bankers drowning their sorrows or Glasgow's fragrant gentlemen are suddenly much, much better off.

8. This 'tourist guide' explains how they could perhaps afford it...

9. Love the quote :)

10. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

As a home brewer, it strikes me that the quantity of sugars of one sort or another needed to make a beer this strong must be pretty fcuking serious. Hard to imagine what it would taste like...

11. It's produced in Scotland and taste is not high on the list of priorities for your average jock!!

12. Ooooh you shilpit wee nyaff!

13. Fuck my old boots - either someone's fucked up your keyboard, you're pissed or you're a jock. Whichever, you're in the shit!

And, if you're trying to tell me to fuck off in some primitive language - what's a heathen like you doing in the West Country, instead of existing at home amongst the midges, rain, dour miserable sods, fried mars bars and godawful 'music'?

14. However Jack Law, of Alcohol Focus Scotland, described it was a "cynical marketing ploy" and said: "We want to know why a brewer would produce a beer almost as strong as whisky."

Err, so why do they produce whisky then? I was going to end with "Tosser" but refrained as this is not the NAAFI.