Tactical Coffee

Tactical Coffee

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
MrBane submitted a new resource:

Tactical Coffee - It's tactical... it's coffee.... it's pretty good actually.

So a bit of a random one, but with a competition!

The Tactical Coffee Company have sent us some of their coffee and kit to review, which I have duly done. Feel free to watch me drink brews for ten minutes.

If you like the sound of the coffee, you could win a kilo of their next Columbian batch along with some kit to make a top notch cuppa. Details are at the end of the video and stick your answers in the comments below on here.

Enjoy!
Read more about this resource...

Do you have a version with English subtitles?

Asking for a friend from North-west London.

Do you have a version with English subtitles?

Asking for a friend from North-west London.
Hey, we have to learn the languages in the various bits of the sandpit we have to play in; why can't you gringos learn some Jockanese?

Skiff

In memory of all the Telic brews made for Steve O'C****r in the CP.

MrBane submitted a new resource:

Tactical Coffee - It's tactical... it's coffee.... it's pretty good actually.

Read more about this resource...
No idea about the coffee, but the presses look way too awkward, the big players in outdoor kit have had simpler and better products with fewer parts on the market for quite a while*.

*just mentioning that as the coffee is 'tactical' :)

Or stick it in a teabag you can boil in your dixie/firebucket.

Oh wait...

I wondered about, first thing in the morning with a hangover I've been known to break a few presses from pushing them down too quickly and releasing too much pressure

How robust are they ?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I wondered about, first thing in the morning with a hangover I've been known to break a few presses from pushing them down too quickly and releasing too much pressure

How robust are they ?
The Aeropress is pretty robust. It's quite thick plastic. When we're brewing up tonight I'll drop the gentle gloves and give it a go to see what happens if it's forced.

Oh wait...
Aldi in Germany sell very useful packs of empty teabags. They are long and narrow so can be rolled up to prevent the contents escaping. Handy for putting inside thermos flasks etc.

Oh wait...
Those knee length pop sock things wimmin wear do pretty well to fill with coffee and dunk in water. Not previously worn socks - unless you like a particular flavour.

Alternatively, PG Tips make tea bags with tea in them, much better than that "Yorkshire" muck too. Just saying.

The Aeropress is pretty robust. It's quite thick plastic. When we're brewing up tonight I'll drop the gentle gloves and give it a go to see what happens if it's forced.
The number of times I've broken similar in a hotel room, as I try a hangover off with a cup of filtered coffee is too many to remember

Just trying to entice the missus into wild camping over the mountains, and need something robust as she's far more clumsy than I'll ever be when sober

Price isn't the most important thing on these things if you're going to get a lot of use out of them, just don't want to wreck them in a moment of foolishness

Yorkshire tea is a triumph of marketing for dour, supposedly skinflint, gullible northern twats

The Chinese/Viet ginger and honey sachets bunged in with a chai teabag do the trick. The chai is pretty good on its own too but the extra ginger gives it a good boost and the honey takes the edge off.