TACC+

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Mar 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

This looks like a good idea (and remarkably similar to Ex FAST TRACK of the early 90s...)

TACC+ Courses will run through MOD 1-5 [so it includes the post-commissioning training making you eligible for promotion to Full Lt]. They will be run by RMAS Staff based at Sandhurst. Each TACC+ Course requires 35 people wishing to attend in order to go ahead [but RMAS will accept around 15 'enablers' to take part in the field exercises but not get a commission if they do not have an AOSB Main Board pass].

One in June and one in Sept

Especially when combined with this:

TA Commitment Bonus – Early Years (TA CB-EY). AFPRB agreed the introduction of a new Commitment Bonus for Direct Entrant Territorial Army Group A Junior Officers and Ex –Regular Junior Officers and Other Ranks. It will provide an initial payment of £2,000, followed by three staged annual payments of £1000 to encourage retention and pull through in the early years of Reserve service. The scheme will be implemented from 1 Apr 13 and further details, including how to apply, will be published shortly by DM(A).

m-s-r

2. ...and how long does this take? Same amount of time as Mod's 1 through 5 or due to lack of skill fade, presumably less time.

3. Sounds like a plan. Presume this would allow a student to commission during the summer and get 2K on top.

How long? A summer challenge for (potential) officers?

4. msr

msr LE

Eight weeks

5. I think that this is a great idea and I am hoping to do this if it goes ahead. I was un-aware that it included MOD 5 although we havn't had much detail about this yet.

I would however suggest that this works better as part of a bigger training package. Perhaps a period of 6 to 12 months training at the TAC and training weekends 1 - 6 or even better, completing the first years basic training at a UOTC.

6. TA Commitment Bonus – Early Years (TA CB-EY). AFPRB agreed the introduction of a new Commitment Bonus for Direct Entrant Territorial Army Group A Junior Officers and Ex –Regular Junior Officers and Other Ranks. It will provide an initial payment of £2,000, followed by three staged annual payments of £1000 to encourage retention and pull through in the early years of Reserve service. The scheme will be implemented from 1 Apr 13 and further details, including how to apply, will be published shortly by DM(A).

m-s-r[/QUOTE]

M-S-R - Has this been agreed/put in place. I am down to to the course if it goes ahead and it is being pushed quite heavily at our UOTC but this has not been mentioned. Would this be in addition to normal pay? It would no doubt help build up the numbers. Any idea of interest levels?

7. If they got a AOSB pass later, would they then have to do it all again?

8. msr

msr LE

Which part of "The scheme will be implemented from 1 Apr 13 and further details, including how to apply, will be published shortly by DM(A)." don't you understand?

9. msr

msr LE

I would guess so. Common sense says they should only have to do the actual TACC bit...

10. Good point. How ridiculous to think that people potentially doing the course and have not been told this minor detail may question it when told on a forum.

May I ask what a DM(A) is and how we go about finding it? It would be good to find out some confirmed detail about what we do, need to prepare for and need to take rather than use third hand information found on Facebook.

Thank you in advance.

11. msr

msr LE

for the benefit of the hard of thinking 'will be published shortly means ' hasn't been published yet'. i

12. Thanks but I got that the first time. Don't really understand you taking the time and trouble to write the post above. What a happy chap you seem to be.

Could it that by letting me (and the many other interested people reading this) know what DM(A) is and where it could be found that we know where to look when it is available.

13. msr

msr LE

14. Thats great - Thank you very much for your time and effort. Much appreciated.