Tac Nuke Strike On Iran Contemplated?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Not_Whistlin_Dixie, Jul 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The American Conservative, 1 August 2005, p.27

Philip Giraldi writes:

In Washington it is hardly a secret that the same people in and around the administration who brought you Iraq are preparing to do the same for Iran. The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney's office, has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons. Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites. Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option. As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States. Several senior Air Force officers involved in the planning are reportedly appalled at the implications of what they are doing—that Iran is being set up for an unprovoked nuclear attack—but no one is prepared to damage his career by posing any objections.

Philip Giraldi, a former CIA Officer, is a partner in Cannistraro Associates

2. I feel ill at the thought of that being true.

3. This has to be made up hasn't it. No one could possibly contemplate inflaming the situation in the Middle East like this?

4. Well in a forum earlier in the year I did go for 'Before end of this year'.
    Mad I have never given Georgei boy credit for much interlect, Degrees or what, and I have believed for years that he is a puppet for the 'Brains' that surround him.
    The forethcumming US elections for the senate/congress is next biggy from the GOPs point of view. If they can't have the reservists and national guard out of Irqa soon then another Major victory to Save the US from 'Invasion' would appeal to the great unwashed elector with its Texan gunslinger mentality.
    john

5. :? 1/08/05??

What the hell at the whole concept? About high time George grew a brain. My stomach hurts at the remotest possibility that even part of it is true.

6. Well, they've probably thought about it and even gone so far as to plan and model it - but surely it's utter ballacks about the tactical nuclear stuff? Probably a big planning exercise to give the fellas who sit on their arrses all day, (between polishing the nukes) waiting for the cold war to reemerge something to do.

7. Buwahahahhahahahaa. More like "His spokesman stressed he wished the earth would open up and swallow him"

8. So this time they aren't even trying to justify it with the WMD's excuse? They're just gonna use the next big attack as an excuse. OMG 8O

Dr Strangelove, is that a carrot you have inyour pocket or are you just pleased to see George W in charge? :twisted:

9. oh well better buy a desert dpm nbc suit then

10. They have obviously come to terms with Irania being tactically impossible to control by land ops.

Sounds like they are not taking any chances on this one.

JB68

11. What are the odds on Bliar growing a pair of balls and refusing to abide by Dubya's orders this time?

Greater odds on winning the Lottery, surely. :(

12. On a a slightly related note, did we ever get back the boats and kit the iranians stole when they kidnapped/captured some of our lads on the shat-al-arab (or however you spell it) waterway a year or so back? the news seemed a tad quiet on the whole issue as soon as we got them home.

13. ...and the world wonders why the Iranians are chasing a nuclear capability! :roll:

The boats were not returned. However, the loss incurred was probably less than the loss incurred by the DPA when they sold some quad bikes post Saif Sarea and later bought them back at a much inflated price in time for Telic.

14. http://www.moviebox.se/recensioner/reclas1.asp?recID=581

General "Buck" Turgidson addressing US President Muffley in Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove:

The duty officer asked General Ripper to confirm the fact the he had issued the go code and he said, "Yes gentlemen, they are on their way in and no one can bring them back. For the sake of our country and our way of life, I suggest you get the rest of SAC in after them, otherwise we will be totally destroyed by red retaliation. My boys will give you the best kind of start, fourteen hundred megatons worth, and you sure as hell won't stop them now. So let's get going. There's no other choice. God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all." Then he hung up. We're still trying to figure out the meaning of that last phrase, sir.

http://www.visual-memory.co.uk/amk/doc/0055.html