Taboo subjects in Brit Culture that most Americans don't grasp?

Don't forget us Saxons, we were her before the Danes. We Saxons and Angles, had this place sewn up till them 'BLOODY VIKINGS' turned up. Had them Celts just where we wanted 'em. Then up strolled them flaming Danes, sticking their collective nose's in. Never asked 'em to come over here, just rocked up, took over the N' rth 'o Brittannica. (Couldn't handle them Pic' s though.) Started up their Danlaw, who'd they think they are... Bloody Romans!!!
that's the point I was making:-D
ETA Bede never mentions saxons, I don't recognise Saxons as being anything other than an offshoot of the the Angles/Danes/Jutes or Friesians even if there is Saxony in Germany. The name derives from the Seaxe carried by all the seafaring countries

As a yellerbelly (look it up) I'm probably an Anglo-Saxon/dane bastard mongrel. I would send off to get my DNA done but expensive and they only give you probabilities. And I don't think they'd appreciate me mailing in some used underwear to get samples off.

I doubt the latter ever had it in him to go from a fugitive existence in the Somerset levels, to kicking the collective Viking Arrse at Wednesbury, under any circumstances, so it's no surprise Alf gets much the better write up :-D
See that's the essence of English to me- Alfred. Compare him to Richard I- no facking contest. Richard only dealt with saracens and the French. Alfred he dealt with Vikings

Richard didn't even speak English, FFS! Monoglot Francophone. WTF he's doing outside Westminster Abbey has me beat!!
Not really he was a bastard for taxing us, just like John. Even Stephen Langton (I think that’s right) protested the taxation. Didn’t get anywhere. All those later crap stories about good king Richard were a travesty, made in America.

All those later crap stories about good king Richard were a travesty, made in America.
Statue went up in 1860, somewhat before US cinema was busy propagandising history into oblivion :) So I'm going with 'It Woz The Victorians Wot Dunnit', in the same way that Sir Walter Scott invented being Scottish.

Not really he was a bastard for taxing us, just like John. Even Stephen Langton (I think that’s right) protested the taxation. Didn’t get anywhere. All those later crap stories about good king Richard were a travesty, made in America.

Well you know the best Brits are played by Americans.....

Well alas if I ever have to use a sword, just write me a one way ticket to destination fecked!

My inner mall ninja never developed a like for sharp long bladed objects!
I'd say that one's better off away from all sharp objects (including plastic picnic cutlery), much less firearms.

You could prolly sort him out with a pack of Gillette disposable razors or a Nerf gun.