Taboo subjects in Brit Culture that most Americans don't grasp?

Only got red and brown. I'm f*cked, aren't I?

10's, for the record.

Goodbye, cruel world!...
You are ok if one of the red is tabasco.

Damn. Far too big to wear. Could use them as canoes maybe.

We will remember you.

Dougie, I was curious, not fussed about the dislike. I've a tendency to forget I can be a bit obtuse, at times!!
I can be random and obtuse. My brain races away from logic sometimes.

Aye, I got that I just didn't quite see the fit between crowns and comestible baked products.
Besides the chance for a gentle dig at those north of the Tweed is not to be sniffed at, and I come from a family of Jock Border Reivers on my Ma's side.

(Take a like for the 'wee wan' in the next post.)

To @LJONESY See what happens when you touch on certain subjects? Throats being gripped up and down the country.
Cheers. I'm a wee wan maesel, so it's no dwarfist, tichist or any other ist the PC brigade want to label it as! As I explained to the Dug, I have been known to be a wee bit af cinter!

Statistically not 100% certain though.
The tins, along with corned beef tins and spam tins, are bloody dangerous. I'm pretty sure they make scalpels from the sharp edges of corned beef tins. And those bloody keys...
Re. the pies, I have never gotten the 'pastry' to look, taste or feel like pastry.

The tins, along with corned beef tins and spam tins, are bloody dangerous. I'm pretty sure they make scalpels from the sharp edges of corned beef tins. And those bloody keys...
Re. the pies, I have never gotten the 'pastry' to look, taste or feel like pastry.
...and the filling never looks, tastes of feels like a pie filling. Gravy would best describe it. I’ve forbidden die Frau from buying them.

And when you've broken the key on the corned beef tin and almost taken a couple of fingers off when you use a sharp knife to prise the top off, you find a load of mush with tons of fat on it that only the Brits actually eat.
But it's a taboo subject to tell a Brit the stuff the Argentinians sell us is nothing like real corned beef.
I've taken to getting pastrami now as corned beef in the States is smoked pastrami but tastes so much better than the fat laden stuff on sale in UK.
My missus, on the other hand, far prefers the stuff us Brits have got used to which doesn't taste too bad provided you smother it with Branston pickle (any type will do).

When going back to UK I always pop in to Cardiff market where they do a wonderful faggots and peas. Just a little bit of pepper on top to make it the food of the Gods. Funniest thing was the suppressed sniggers from the American tourists when they saw faggots on the menu board. They'd soon stop sniggering if I told them what they were made off.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Only got red and brown. I'm f*cked, aren't I?

10's, for the record.

Goodbye, cruel world!...
Throw away the pie. Eat the sauce.

Now, are we talking English yellow peril, Dijon, grainy or, horror of horrors, American sweet sickly yellow baby sick?

Coincidentally just like their beer!
English of course. We are civilised are we not?

Now, are we talking English yellow peril, Dijon, grainy or, horror of horrors, American sweet sickly yellow baby sick?

Coincidentally just like their beer!
And there we have another example of two nations divided by a common language.
We call mustards by their nationality in terms of hotness. Such as English mustard, French, German and way down the taste line is the American.
A waitress in some place in the States asked if I'd like mustard with my steak and I foolishly said do you have English mustard? A look of disdain (unusual for the ever smiling wait staff there) and no, we only have American mustards.
I did call her back and explained it was a language misunderstanding but I'm not sure she was convinced. She did bring some "hot" mustard over which was on a par with Senf.
And this in a country where they try and outdo each other with the hotness of their BBQ sauces.