Taboo subjects in Brit Culture that most Americans don't grasp?

Lot of stuff no longer on the shelves down here in deepest darkest. As grim as they are, I miss Fray Bentos pies slathered in tomato sauce.

As a Brit who's spent most of his life outside the UK, I've never actually experienced a Fray Bentos pie...

...but that will change tonight. Wish me luck!

pies.jpg

Yes, because if you used here you could end up in a serious hole.
It is a lot more subtle than that. For example; you wouldn't generally refer to a woman as a c***. Even if she was your best mate. But saying "I'm gonna f*** your c*** all night" is okay.
It's okay to say to a bloke that you are friendly with "It's your round, you tight arrsed c***".
The general rule of thumb is that you use it with blokes that you are friendly with, and only in informal circumstances.

Be prepared to be extremely disappointed.
Then again, if you've never had one before you won't be able to compare with when they were quite good.
Flower arrangers buy them, throw the pie away and keep the tin for a watertight container!

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
What choice of sauce will give me the best chance?
I'd say a decent dollop of mustard on the side should keep you sufficiently stimulated.

Good luck old bean, and just out of idle curiosity you understand, what size shoes do you take?

I'd say a decent dollop of mustard on the side should keep you sufficiently stimulated.

Good luck old bean, and just out of idle curiosity you understand, what size shoes do you take?

Only got red and brown. I'm f*cked, aren't I?

10's, for the record.

Goodbye, cruel world!...

Actually as explained by the boring accountant, the addition of chocolate covering makes it "A Confection".
I know,
I had never heard the word either. what a wonderful job to have.

Edit to add:

If I ever comment on the tax status of Jaffa cakes again someone please, do the decent thing and shoot me.
Sorry for the delay in response....I'd popped into the kitchen to make a brew and find a digestive 'confection' to dunk ;)