Taboo subjects in Brit Culture that most Americans don't grasp?

Not just the Americans who have problems. Always used to go past Gotham in Notts and automatically think of Batman.
Met a scalie who came from there and he assured me it was Goat Ham.

1. The letter e lengthens the vowel sound in the middle of the word, therefore s-cone; rhymes with stone, throne, bone, phone, tone, lone, hone et al.
Stop inventing excuses. You are still wrong.

1. The letter e lengthens the vowel sound in the middle of the word, therefore s-cone; rhymes with stone, throne, bone, phone, tone, lone, hone et al.
Only if you've gone bonkers.

Isn't a pikelet the result of 2 Caravan Utilising Nomadic Travellers breeding?
Not sure whether to give that like, funny or informative so have all three!

Awa' wi' yer heathen dialect mon. This isnae croons, this is scoff. And teaching them down south how to pronounce it.
Clean yir glesses. The original post I quoted from spelled it with a capital S. My post pointed out spelling it thus, with a capital S, made it a place, and how the place name was pronounced.

The place Scone in Perthshire is pronounced to rhyme with spoon, it has absolutely nothing to do with the baked or griddled product which probably comes from Dutch schoonbrood which is actually what Weedgies refer to as a drop scone and Dubs call spoon pancakes you can often differentiate between the words by context and a capital letter.

I asked the maid in dulcet tone
To order me a buttered scone;
The silly girl has been and gone
And ordered me a buttered scone.
Similar to scoon then? See my reply to the wee wan for further clarification.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
And we pronounce Jaguar as jag-waar. Now everytime I hear that in a U.S. Jag ad, I really cringe.

And speaking of Jaaaag, I forgot about these pretty decent ads...had some guidelines about Brit rules, politeness, baddassery etc...

Similar to scoon then? See my reply to the wee wan for further clarification.
OK I will remove the disagree then. Though it was more aimed at the 2 words being conflated.