Taboo subjects in Brit Culture that most Americans don't grasp?

I'm sure first game of the season(some time back, when Rangers were doing well) The Accies beat them.
Also the Supercallyfrag........ headline when Cally beat Celtic

Love the wee teams
As do I, well until it comes to international level, when that seems to happen to us. I remember a few years ago, when we beat France home and away. It was the first time they'd been beaten in Paris for years, yet we still didn't make the cut! Albania away on Saturday, them doon tae 10 men, 0-4 I'll take that thank you. It's when we play teams we should beat that I worry about.

And from my half Scottish hubby

Milngavie

I don't think this is a dodgy subject as in taboo, it's just one where there's room for lot of laughs at other peoples expense. Pronunciation can be real fun so let have a little 'quiz'

If Nottingham is pronounced by our US friends 'nottingHam' [stress on the H] and by the British as 'Nottingum' [stress on the N] then lets have the phonetic offerings for: -

Southwell
Ilkeston
Belvoir [as in castle]

Leicester
Bicester
Worcester
Uttoxeter
Erewash

Then there are all those little culinary traps.
Who knows, without resorting to google fu, what a stottie cake is, and it's close relation the fadge?

Oh and talking of food it's s.con. S.cone is just pretentious like brine trizers.

I don't think this is a dodgy subject as in taboo, it's just one where there's room for lot of laughs at other peoples expense. Pronunciation can be real fun so let have a little 'quiz'

If Nottingham is pronounced by our US friends 'nottingHam' [stress on the H] and by the British as 'Nottingum' [stress on the N] then lets have the phonetic offerings for: -

Southwell
Ilkeston
Belvoir [as in castle]
How about Trottiscliffe in Kent? Pronounced 'Trozley'...

Looking at it the other way it really is surprising how few things have actually genuinely been invented by the US. I think it extends to 1) the refrigerator and 2) the integrated circuit (which is admittedly a biggie)

ETA: I was wrong, the IC was invented by a Brit. Integrated circuit - Wikipedia
Just the fridge then!
Refrigerator , William Cullen, Scotland 1755.