Taboo subjects in Brit Culture that most Americans don't grasp?

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
I do. The ones with the little sausages in.
With a bit of curry or chilli powder mixed in. On toast. With Cheddar cheese grated on top.:hungry: Nom nom nom nom nom.

Stumpy4154

LE
Book Reviewer
I bet you put brown sauce in your bacon sarnies as well, you bleddy heathen.
That, or proper butter, is the only thing to have on a bacon buttie. Anything else is just wrong.

They are supermarkets. They just concentrate their products into a small variety of high quality products rather than 32,00 varieties of chocolate biscuits.
I'm not sure I agree. Certainly, it used to be that they sold shit goods at minimum prices, but I haven't been in one for years.

If they're trying it on with the big boys, and stepping up to the big league, they're going to struggle.

That's because a) we've had a lot more time to do it than you and thus b) we have far more subtle differences to determine. You are all about immediate position, we are assessing your tribal situation for the last 40 generations. If your ancestor came over with William the Conqueror in 1066 you know this, and there are ways you let other people know.
Hah! Where I'm from if your name isn't proper Old English, the kind that was spoken when the Britons were sent packing and turned into Welsh or Cornish you're either a nouveau Norman or from the East Riding (and therefore a skalden Dane).

Hah! Where I'm from if your name isn't proper Old English, the kind that was spoken when the Britons were sent packing and turned into Welsh or Cornish you're either a nouveau Norman or from the East Riding (and therefore a skalden Dane).
Clearly you people have to much free time to worry about last names. Whence the dark ages return (Brexit), you will to busy hating the continentals to focus to much on pedigree.

Besides I like the American ways of sorting each other out. By State of residence and political affiliation.

Of course.

Guards' rations always came with a qtr pound of loose tea; woe betide the sprog that didn't warm the teapot first!
I used to have a copy of a cartoon, two blokes in suits sitting behind a desk while another bloke is a suit is just leaving the room. behind the desk was a sign "Civil Service Employment interviews" and the caption below was one bloke behind the desk saying to the other "I don't think he's suited for the job, he looks the sort who wouldn't warm the pot first..."

I do. The ones with the little sausages in.

Chopped onion and chopped bacon, fried and the beans and sausages added to it to warm through, splash of chili sauce. The whole lot on toast with a fried egg on top. Pint of tea on the side with milk, no sugar and enjoy to the melodious background music of the outraged squeals of vegans and sensitive mods.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
(mumble) years ago, in England, while getting pissed at a party, I was asked "Rangers or Celtic?"

Qué? Stop being a ********, and accept your life comes before your religion, unless you're some kind of retarded throwback.
It could be fcukall to do with religion, it could just be down to football unless you count Scouse as being a religion as they tend to ask "Liverpool or Everton".

Clearly you people have to much free time to worry about last names. Whence the dark ages return (Brexit), you will to busy hating the continentals to focus to much on pedigree.
We managed to hate the continentals [or at least the wrong sort of continentals] from 54 BC to 1973 without losing sight of pedigree. Being in the EU was a minor tactical aberration for Britain. A lot of people are making a big fuss over nothing about us leaving.
Besides I like the American ways of sorting each other out. By State of residence and political affiliation.
Now there is something you would never ask, partly because you wouldn't need to and partly because less than 1 million people in the UK are members of a political party. I may vore for them, that doesn't mean I am part of them.