Tablet pc for > £100

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by thecoops, Oct 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm thinking of getting my wife a tablet pc, because I'm a tight c*nt and she's not a very good wife I'm looking for one less than £100. So what do you arrse's finest reckon is the best one to get.

P.s I realise they are pretty much dog toffee at this price.

2. The new kindle fire looks good for reading e books and the odd browsing.

3. The Mrs. wants it for browsing the net F.B eBay ect. been looking at the Archos G2 7 Home Tablet

4. Blackberry tablet not too bad for £130 I think.

5. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

6. Looks good

7. Loads available for greater than 100 quid ;-)

• Like Like x 2
  8. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

9. I picked up an Archos 10 G2 for less 100, they have been replaced by the G3 which, IIRC, is retailing around £200, you can still find some G2's on 'tinterweb for circa £100.
    Not bad little tablets, does what it says on the tin really, but if you want more there is the app store. Think they run Android Gingerbread.

10. Fill yer boots. I bought a dual sim Android phone from them and have absolutely no complaints. Smashing value for money.

11. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

you had experience with this lot? they ok?

12. Sign up for Groupon. They come up on it with monotonous regularity. As you say at that end of the market you're not getting an iPad beater but there's some decent enough wee gadgets.

13. Quick flick through their phones and a lot of them are W-CDMA which will leave you with only 2G data connectivity in the UK.