• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Table of wire cross section areas for various Amps. 415V 3ph

Could anyone point me to a table for the above information?

I need some help in selecting the appropriate wire to buy for a workshop and my electrician is away.

Ta.

If you're out and about try popping into a waterstones and looking at an IEE On Site Guide, I think it will have the info you require, failing that the NIC EIC website may have the relevant info.

As a guide only. You should look up IEE wiring regulations.

0.75mm - 8 amps
1.0mm - 12 amps
1.5mm - 15 amps
2.5mm - 19 amps
4.0mm - 26 amps
6.0mm - 33 amps
10.0mm - 45 amps
16.0mm - 61 amps
25.0mm -79 amps
35.0mm - 98 amps
50.0mm- 117 amps
70.0mm - 148amps

REMEROBBO said:
As a guide only. You should look up IEE wiring regulations.

0.75mm - 8 amps
1.0mm - 12 amps
1.5mm - 15 amps
2.5mm - 19 amps
4.0mm - 26 amps
6.0mm - 33 amps
10.0mm - 45 amps
16.0mm - 61 amps
25.0mm -79 amps
35.0mm - 98 amps
50.0mm- 117 amps
70.0mm - 148amps
Thankyou! Are the IEE regs online?

It's not as easy as that I'm afraid.

You need to know maximum demand, distance to be run and a few other things I have completely forgotten. Im sure if you post on the Sapper Forum some clever Clrk of Wks (E) could help you out.

MA

Me!_Amph!! said:
It's not as easy as that I'm afraid.

You need to know maximum demand, distance to be run and a few other things I have completely forgotten. Im sure if you post on the Sapper Forum some clever Clrk of Wks (E) could help you out.

MA
Yes, voltage drop on distances in question is not going to be huge, max run is 10m.

I have done all this before but it was years ago and I can't find the references.

I have now found this:
http://www.batt.co.uk/upload/files/table4d1abs6004bs6231bs6346_1220253954.pdf

Which is useful.

As you all know there are about 10 considerations;

Max demand, proximity to other cables, environment, in a cable tray or out, distance, accessibility etc.

Don't just guess or the H&S Nazis will fine you big style. Ask 3 Div Sig Regt.

Baggy

greenbaggyskin said:

Max demand, proximity to other cables, environment, in a cable tray or out, distance, accessibility etc.

Baggy
The table I linked gives the environmental considerations and voltage drops.
Max demand is dictated by hte circuit breaker selected for the application as far as I can see.... :?

EX_STAB said:
greenbaggyskin said:

Baggy
The table I linked gives the environmental considerations and voltage drops.
Max demand is dictated by hte circuit breaker selected for the application as far as I can see.... :?
(within the constraints of what teh circuit breaker will see in view of environmental considerations &c)

Latest Threads