Tabbing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
can any one here tell me what tabbing is dont wanna sound to be thick but i really have no idea thanks

uksharpshooter said:
can any one here tell me what tabbing is dont wanna sound to be thick but i really have no idea thanks
You sound thick already! Translation.

Can anyone here tell me what tabbing is? I don't want to sound thick but I really have no idea! Thanks.

Tabbing is a walk and double with a bergen, usually wearing boots and military kit, sometimes carrying a rifle.

Though i'm sure you knew that.

Fallschirmjager said:
uksharpshooter said:

Can anyone here tell me what tabbing is? I don't want to sound thick but I really have no idea! Thanks.

Tabbing is a walk and double with a bergen, usually wearing boots and military kit, sometimes carrying a rifle.

well obviously not thats why i asked the question but thanks very much for the answer and the very witty reply to and english lesson in my native tounge thanks

A loaded march is a rapid march over distance carrying weight. The ability to complete loaded marches is a core military skill. A loaded march is known as a "Tab" in the British Army.

In the British Army loaded marching is considered a core skill and is tested annually in an eight mile Combat Fitness Test carrying 15-25kg depending on the arm. The term tab has its roots in an acronym, being an abbreviation of Tactical Advance to Battle

uksharpshooter said:
Fallschirmjager said:
uksharpshooter said:

well obviously not thats why i asked the question but thanks very much for the answer and the very witty reply to and english lesson in my native tounge thanks
Sarcasm is all very well, but Fallsch has a point.
Google "tabbing" and the answer is 5 results down under a subheading of "tabbing army". Now I wonder what that could be?????

FYI

TAB= Tactical Advance to Battle as used by the Paras.
For the Cabbage-heads it is called Yomping.

nel88 said:
A loaded march is a rapid march over distance carrying weight. The ability to complete loaded marches is a core military skill. A loaded march is known as a "Tab" in the British Army.

In the British Army loaded marching is considered a core skill and is tested annually in an eight mile Combat Fitness Test carrying 15-25kg depending on the arm. The term tab has its roots in an acronym, being an abbreviation of Tactical Advance to Battle
Did you google that?

Are you a cadet?

nel88 said:

thank you nel very informative and cheers bud

uksharpshooter said:
nel88 said:

thank you nel very informative and cheers bud
Not really, most of that is complete tosh.

The_Duke

LE
Gremlin said:
The_Duke said:
8 mile CFT once a year as a test! All of those Friday mornings were just a hungover nightmare then?

Errmm, ISTR some of those hangovers were created on Friday lunchtime!
No - before the Friday lunchtime sessions, when Intl Army drinking night was prep for the Friday TAB.

First man sober is a poof!

nel88 said:
no thats why I didn't join, he wanted to see mine to, Gremlin blame the false statement that I found on the internet.
Then pardon me for asking, but why did you think that you had the relevant experience to advise someone in the first place? If you don't know the answer then keep schtumm, the internet is full of badly written rubbish, as you have just found out.

And I am being very very polite this time.

The_Duke said:
Gremlin said:
The_Duke said:
8 mile CFT once a year as a test! All of those Friday mornings were just a hungover nightmare then?

Errmm, ISTR some of those hangovers were created on Friday lunchtime!
No - before the Friday lunchtime sessions, when Intl Army drinking night was prep for the Friday TAB.

First man sober is a poof!
I was going to query that with "last man" - but I get it now :D

Serves you right for drinking with the Frogs and Ities etc

After looking on thepara british army website the wikipedia answer and theirs is virtually identical, so for own personal information could you tell me what the military definition of this is please?

Pararegtom

LE
Book Reviewer
As a Crow I was informed a Tab was Tactical avoidence of Bullets, IE carry heavy weights on your back at a rapid rate of knots. I saw earlier posts of 15-25 kilos, Down south most blokes carried their own bodyweights and some even more. a CFT is nothing Tabs only hurt after 16k,s or more then fight a battle. Thats real Tabbing

Status
Not open for further replies.