Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can any one here tell me what tabbing is dont wanna sound to be thick but i really have no idea thanks
  2. You sound thick already! Translation.

Can anyone here tell me what tabbing is? I don't want to sound thick but I really have no idea! Thanks.

Tabbing is a walk and double with a bergen, usually wearing boots and military kit, sometimes carrying a rifle.

Though i'm sure you knew that.
  3. well obviously not thats why i asked the question but thanks very much for the answer and the very witty reply to and english lesson in my native tounge thanks
  4. A loaded march is a rapid march over distance carrying weight. The ability to complete loaded marches is a core military skill. A loaded march is known as a "Tab" in the British Army.

In the British Army loaded marching is considered a core skill and is tested annually in an eight mile Combat Fitness Test carrying 15-25kg depending on the arm. The term tab has its roots in an acronym, being an abbreviation of Tactical Advance to Battle
  5. No problemo.
  6. A Tactical Advance to Battle.

Edit: Oops nel got there before me!
  7. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Sarcasm is all very well, but Fallsch has a point.
    Google "tabbing" and the answer is 5 results down under a subheading of "tabbing army". Now I wonder what that could be?????

TAB= Tactical Advance to Battle as used by the Paras.
    For the Cabbage-heads it is called Yomping.
  8. Did you google that?

Are you a cadet?
  9. thank you nel very informative and cheers bud
  10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

8 mile CFT once a year as a test! All of those Friday mornings were just a hungover nightmare then?
  11. Wikipedia- it no's everything, and no im not a cadet why are you?
  12. Gremlin

Not really, most of that is complete tosh.
  13. Yes I am. Do you want to see my smooth bottom? My instructor does.
  14. Gremlin

Errmm, ISTR some of those hangovers were created on Friday lunchtime!
  15. no thats why I didn't join, he wanted to see mine to, Gremlin blame the false statement that I found on the internet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.