Tabbing/ Loaded marches in the RAF?

Hi, I am looking to transfer to the RAF from Army. Currently a soldier but will be commissioning once I transfer over. Just wondering if I will need to tab also during RAF training? If so, what is the weight and miles?

For basic training in the army we had to pass 20kg over 6 miles in 90 minutes. I understand at Sandhurst it's 25kg over 8 miles in 2hrs. So far that is what I'm preparing for but it would be good to know the specifics if any of you have gone through RAF basic training. Thanks.

Don't worry too much, you won't require a bergan just this little beauty for your two mile stroll round the country estate.

15054_1

Look, OP, sometimes you might have to carry your luggage from reception to your hotel room. But you will probably be able to submit a claim for it.

Hi, I am looking to transfer to the RAF from Army. Currently a soldier but will be commissioning once I transfer over. Just wondering if I will need to tab also during RAF training? If so, what is the weight and miles?

For basic training in the army we had to pass 20kg over 6 miles in 90 minutes. I understand at Sandhurst it's 25kg over 8 miles in 2hrs. So far that is what I'm preparing for but it would be good to know the specifics if any of you have gone through RAF basic training. Thanks.

So you're commissioning into the RAF but don't have what it takes to find out the phys requirements for them?

Ok ... carry on

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
If you are commissioning into the RAF, surely you would know where to find this information out, rather than ask here? Please tell me it's the RAF Regt.

Hahaha thanks for the banter guys
And thank you for the few that actually gave serious answers.
Tabbing round the hills and moors of Lincolnshire, while you're at Cranwell? I don't think so.
But best of luck anyway.

The OP might have to do the odd run up onto High Dyke (Ermin Street in old money).
I preferred the Lincolnshire Edge, used to cycle up that on the way to Scampton from Doddington Park.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
So you're commissioning into the RAF but don't have what it takes to find out the phys requirements for them?

Ok ... carry on

Pretending the RAF has physical requirements is a sophisticated form of flattery and his superiors will look at themselves in the mirror with an enhanced sense of pride. The boy should do well.