Tabbing/ Loaded marches in the RAF?

Hi, I am looking to transfer to the RAF from Army. Currently a soldier but will be commissioning once I transfer over. Just wondering if I will need to tab also during RAF training? If so, what is the weight and miles?

For basic training in the army we had to pass 20kg over 6 miles in 90 minutes. I understand at Sandhurst it's 25kg over 8 miles in 2hrs. So far that is what I'm preparing for but it would be good to know the specifics if any of you have gone through RAF basic training. Thanks.

DAS

War Hero
Don't remember any weights included in the "cross country runs" either at Swinderby or Cosford. Then again I "couldn't" swim when at Cosford so spent 18 months "learning". Only got caught a couple of weeks before finals.

Five miles of death for the SRDG. Five yards of mild discomfort for the erks. If you're ex-army you won't have anything to worry about.

Hi, I am looking to transfer to the RAF from Army. Currently a soldier but will be commissioning once I transfer over. Just wondering if I will need to tab also during RAF training? If so, what is the weight and miles?

For basic training in the army we had to pass 20kg over 6 miles in 90 minutes. I understand at Sandhurst it's 25kg over 8 miles in 2hrs. So far that is what I'm preparing for but it would be good to know the specifics if any of you have gone through RAF basic training. Thanks.
No TABs but we did do TANs. Tactical Advances to the Naafi.

laff.jpg

Class 66

War Hero

What Trade are you going into?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...etc.

FHA

LE
Being Crab Air but also Glaswegian, I carried a massive fuckin chip on each shoulder for 13 years.
Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads