TA

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by cannon fodder, Jun 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So what is the current view on the current TA from the regs? Still considered a waste of time or a worthy asset to the regular Army?

Still something to take the piss out of or gladly assist?

Serious answers if you must, experience with TA on exercise or on tour would be good to hear.

2. Whatever the view, it's something everyone will have to get used to as long as (number of troops for what Tony wants to do) < (number of Regular troops Tony is prepared to pay for).

3. As a Terrier who only works with the Regs I have found a very positive attitude, especially in the field army. One or two reasonably senior officers at Upavon could benefit from a reality check though.

4. I think we have had enough ARAB and STAB bashing for one site..

5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

1 question - 2 answers - both positive = where the fcuk is the ARAB and STAB bashing?

6. Dispand the whole lot of it (TA)and plow the money into recruiting regular blokes.
    I recon the amount of real estate, unused equipment, man training days, compensation for lost earnings, not to mention Bowmanisation (no good if we carnt talk to them), PSI's who have all the training quals back were they belong i.e with the Regs, all the intrest the TA people have i say make a real commitment and join up.

There thats saved us millions ( MBE please)

I appreciate that certain diciplines we carnt employe like special doctor skills but we could find an alternative to keep these people "in"

Just my thourghts

7. Well mr know it all, if you knew what happens on this site, you will realise asking a provocative question in the Naafi like that, is going to attract negative posts.

now just wind your neck in and go and try wind someone else up

8. Exactly. All I see is mutual respect.

9. Hmm...not really going to happen, every country needs a reserve force. A lot of TA traded personal are of great importance. A regular medic informed me that about 90 % of British army medics are TA... disband the TA, try extra hard not to get shot in battle eh!

10. Alternatively

Dispand the whole lot of it (Regs)and plow the money into recruiting TA blokes.

There that would save us millions :lol:

11. Sorry about this, I know it's was late when you posted BUT. The words are assEt, Army, gladLy.

Other than that the TA are something to be proud of as they (unlike our septic counterparts) are all volunteers. Give them a break (or break them, your choice)

They like us sign the dotted line and "1 eye" was younger they were a newish concept.

12. Auld-Yin

Thast must be an all time record - to took almost 30 seconds to delete this
    canteen_cowboy wrote:
    Auld-Yin wrote:
    canteen_cowboy wrote:
    I think we have had enough ARAB and STAB bashing for one site..

1 question - 2 answers - both positive = where the fcuk is the ARAB and STAB bashing?

Well mr know it all, if you knew what happens on this site, you will realise asking a provocative question in the Naafi like that, is going to attract negative posts.

now just wind your neck in and go and try wind someone else up

Why don't we censor BEFORE anything is written? (Oh you have just done that) If you had not put up your bone comment, then you would not have had that response. If it had got out of hand then fine, that is what Mods are for, but for fcuks sake wind in your neck and let the NAFFI get back to being somewhere people can post. Read the intro at the top of the thread, If YOU can't hack it, pack it in.

I am really sorry you have taken a dislike to me, but that is your problem, not mine.

I ask now that you leave this where it is and let others make their minds up.

13. Auld-Yin

14. Ok so you are now making it known you are a sad tosser carry on and confirm it to the rest of arrse..

15. Auld-Yin

I am quite willing to let arrse members decide if I am a sad tosser or not - are you?