TA Young Officers Course

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by badmash, Oct 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone confirm how many times a year the TA young officer course is run, how long it is and the approximate dates?

I should be doing the int corps selection weekend early next year and passing out of Sandhurst in the summer.

Thanks in advance,

2. Badmash,

I am sure that the staff at HQ 3(V) MI Bn will tell you if you ask - but I would leave the question until you have actually passed the INT CORPS selection (and I wouldn't assume that a pass at RMAS is automatic either).

3. Why can't anyone do any research for themselves these days???

Territorial Army Preparatory Course (TAPC)
    The TAPC is one week long and takes place four times a year in January, May, July and September. The intakes are normally up to 60 cadets strong. The course consolidates students' knowledge gained in Phases 1 and 2 of TA Potential Officer training and provides further grounding in low level tactics and leadership prior to the TA Commissioning Course.
    TA Commissioning Course (TACC)
    The aim of the TACC is to assess the suitability of TA potential officers for commissions in the TA. The course is two weeks long and is run at the same time as the TAPC - ie, four times a year in January, May, July and September. There is normally an intake of up to 60 Officer Cadets

I believe the method of choice now is to do the TAPC and TACC together as a three week block, although in theory you could do TAPC and come back and do TACC at a later date.

But as was said by others, best go and talk to your Adj about all this
  4. If in doubt ask yer Mum!!
  5. There wasn't one when I was in 3MI. The YOs got thrown on the same A3 as the rest of us
  6. Remember it well!

7. The irony of it :
  8. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Even better, he didn't ask about the TACC, he asked about the Int Corps YO's course (ie after commissioning).

Can't anyone read the posts anymore?
  9. Sounds like the usual standard of TA personnel!!!!
  10. Yeah sorry guys, I f*cked up there! Did a superb job of making myself look like a total muppet ......................................

I'll get my coat.