TA: Whos dick do I have to suck to get paid ?????

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Bikini_Black, Jul 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been in since Dec 07.

All I've had by way of remuneration [to date] is one cheque for £13.00 odd.

Even the established members of my unit are missing whole months payments/bounties here and there, and I've got to say, In my civvy capacity I am responsible for paying people and I think this whole situation is just totally ridiculous.

1) What the hell is going on, and how do I get it sorted out.

2) Is this normal, do other people have this problem?

Answers on a postcard please...

2. I take it that you have actually turned up for things in order to qualify for some kind of 'payment'.

3. I'll give you another £13.00 for a nosh if you look like your avatar.

4. I'm currently one of the most regularly seen faces at my unit. I have been on virtually all weekends since I joined, and I rarely miss a training night. Come on, is seven whole months not long enough, if I can do it as my staff join, usually within 48 hours, why cant they!

5. Put it this way, I turn up for everything, with bags of enthusiasm etc. I make noises of displeasure at detachment level weekly about the situation. Where does the buck stop at regiment level, as my noises do not seem to be filtering up the chain of command.

6. One guy didn't get his bounty for LAST YEAR [yes, he did all the neccesary].
    WTF!

7. Easy money

8. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

PM me your number, and I'll make sure you get some money. Sucking c0ck you say?

9. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Has your vetting been completed? My SC clearance took around five months and I got my backdated pay after that.

Have you spoken to your unit pay clerk? Possible problems with JPA (although it does seem to have gotten better lately).

10. No pay - no play. Take some time out. While your pay is not being sorted and you continue to attend, it seems as if you don't mind. By taking some time out, it may get things moving.

11. I take it that you have made the appropriate representations, in writing, to your chain of command? It's all very well saying that you make appropriate noises on parade nights etc, but you need to start going offical. A letter to the Chief Clerk, asking exactly what is happening and what they intend to do about it....give them a reasonable amount of time to reply. If you don't get a satifactory answer, then it's to your OC...and then if necessary to the CO.

You need to ensure that you write them properly and with the correct wording so that you don't incur the wrath of the powers that be. However, if you CoC are happy with the situation that some of their soldiers are not getting what they are due, then frankly you need to go over them anyway.

Keep copies of the letters and if you don't get resolution in a sensible amount of time, then you may need to consider other avenues.

First things first, get writing and go all offical on their arrses! Being a sheep never got anyone anywhere in life!

12. msr

msr LE

Good post.

There is also the facility to pay you in cash if needs be.

msr

13. Who deals with pay in your location.

Is it the agc sps pay clerk.

The Psi who faxes the drill sheet up to the Paso.

The Paso,

Due to a software error in 2006, quite a few folk had to wait for their pay to arrive in their accounts. The reason being the information contained in disk was in a earlier version of the software used by Glasgow.

As long as you signed a drill sheet, it will catch up with you sometime in the near future.