TA while at uni

Hi everyone, i am doing mechanical engineering at uni and have joined my uni's OTC. I have also got a TASO with the Royal Engineers. As i understand, i am still a type B TA unit, and cannot be called up?

I have heard you can transfer to a type A unit???? and i would really like to do that and spend a year with the engineers, ideally while i am at uni. Is it possible to do this during your course, as in take a 'gap year' during the course to go on tour with your unit?

thanks for any help 8O
Best you ask them.

There is no reason why not.

You can take a gap year at any point during your time at uni.How you spend that year is up to you.

Im doing it, there doesn't seem to be any problem from Uni, or the unit.

Similar threads

Latest Threads