• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

TA Week?

Anybody aware of Next week being National TA week?? I only ask as I thought this idea (Which used to take place first week in april) had been abandoned.

Lo and behold I happened to be flicking through the radio stations in the car and I caught a snippet of a TA advert.

Thought I'd have a listen and how surprised was I to hear the announcement at the end that Next week is National TA week!!

Have I been in the middle of a comms/admin vortex (Not an unusual occurence unfortunately) or is this news to others? particularly those of you involved in the PR / recruiting side of life in your units.

Humph

Drill for us. Last thing I heard about any national TA events was that the last national open day was in 2002, and that from that point everything became a more local based affair

Green_Homer said:
Drill for us. Last thing I heard about any national TA events was that the last national open day was in 2002, and that from that point everything became a more local based affair
Last one I was involved in was 2003 bit low key considering most of the pers planned to be involved were getting a sun tan inbetween bouts of 4R :roll:

We were told we were to make a big effort for it last year but then this was the week before it happened so not an option and I too was under the impression that last year's was the last big one off event, now the plan is more of a constant low key push with regular ramping up of local and national press and radio adverts.

It was certainly news to me when I heard the advert on the radio yesterday!!

ytomk said:
Hmm, well we're doing a two day recruting thing next weekend, I wonder if it's related?
We're doing something along those lines, starting Thursday and finishing Saturday night.

Also got a recruiting stand at the local college all day tomorrow - shame it's renowned for having some of the most butters people in my borough though :roll: :D

Reserve Forces Day in London (previously one of our biggest recruiting successes) has been replaced by 'Reserve Forces Month'. This is great because it means that we will get 31 x the amount of recruits we used to get.....

Except of course, instead of a big day in the centre of london with lots of specific advertising and shiny kit to attract the punters we are getting a few radio adverts and a poster or two. :roll:

My mob have known abo it for some time now. As per the norm the NRPSrecruiting/retention type bloke is sending out lots of junk mail to everyone involved with recruiting and in turn not listening to a word anyone has to say on the matter :x :roll: . Looks like another incoming farce. For example i got a call from a mate yeserday telling me i am running a recruiting event on 13/14 May!!!!! News to me i can assure you! :roll:

Latest Threads