TA Wear your uniform to work day as part of TA 100

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by BuggerAll, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I noticed this on another thread in another forum but have not seen it as a topic in its own right in the TA Forum.

Apparently there is/was a serious proposal for a TA Wear Your Uniform to Work Day as part of TA100.

I can see where this idea is coming from but quite apart from the issues of it being against QRs and TA Regs (they could be changed) I would have some major doubts about it.
  2. I don't fucking think so. Coming to work in my department as a JNCO would mean I spend the entire day making the brews and calling everyone Sir. Not to mention that I'd have to iron my clothes, shave, etc.

They might even make me do an honest days work.

Could I do it on a Wednesday and take a sports afternoon?
  3. That is quite possibly one of the most rediculous suggestions I have ever heard.
  4. Walked around my Uni campus in uniform whilst collecting for the poppy appeal last November-Never again.
  5. I took a short cut from the office to my TAC through the SOAS campus, burdened down with a massive bergen, & handful of webbing with a helmet dangling off it, straight through a 'Troops Out!' demo with faux-bloodstained posters and angry Muslim/pinko students milling around in keffiyehs. Whoops.
  6. Can I wear lightweights, KF, DMS and puttees etc? Just to emphasise that the history bit, you understand.

If I wear 58 pattern, can I be issued with an SMG and 200 rds of 9mm as well? Not that I'm thinking of creating some space for promotion......
  7. I think it's a bit of a pointless idea. I'd get all the liberal office hippies saying "How could you possibly willing to kill another person? YOUR GUNS HURT BUNNIES!"

I'd also probably get more fanny than I could shake a stick at, but I don't think it'd be appropriate to wear it over all.
  8. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

What happened?
  9. Its a pretty ghay suggestion, sounds a bit like bobajob week!

10. So much for pride in the uniform! It's a shame it's like this, in America I imagine it would be welcomed.

I've had a similar experience with university pinkos btw. :roll:

11. Very proud of the uniform, just not willing to sit there and justify myself to a bunch of fresh out of uni office workers who wouldn't have the first clue about what serving is all about.
  12. I can just imagine the amount of attention I'd attract from the College come Hippy Commune next door to where I work. Whereas I usually enjoy telling them what to do, not sure it would be the best idea to do it in uniform.
  13. It's ok for me, I work in Main Buidling. No cnut would bat an eyelid.

What are the REME girls going to do? Leaning into car windows on some sidestreet doesen't have the same effect in CS95's.
  14. I'm lucky in that all of my (NHS) work bods have been very supportive of my TA service and my trip to A'stan last year. I'd be quite happy and proud to wear my uniform for a day in the office.
  15. Stupid ******* idea. As I said on the other thread, all it would do would be to demonstrate to us which ones are the sad cunts in our units.