TA Wear your Uniform to work day an evil idea

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by socialhandgrenade247, Jun 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For reasons which I hope will become apparent I don't think I should post this anywhere but the Naafi.

I always find these ideas a bit stupid, personally I see it a bit like masturbating, my friends know I do it but I don’t want them to see me doing it.

However not wishing to let side down I thought if we followed the plan and all wore our CBRN, in Dress state 3 Romeo, to work on the trains we may get a bit of publicity for the great idea that they keep trying to get us to do.

2. msr

msr LE

It is voluntary, so if you don't want to take part, don't.

3. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Personally I will be wearing my uniform to work........ As a male stripper I find the ladies are very impressed with my authentic squaddy outfit. The other lads don't even get a look in with their cheap fireman sam and PC plod costumes.
  4. Im not in anymore but i would never do it apart from the inveitable Gareth from the office jibes it just would look out of place. Of course that didnt stop me wearing buckshee boots and gortex when i was in the Labouring game :wink:
  5. As a matter of interest, how do you masturbate your friends without them seeing you do it? Do you have very small hands?
  6. Thank you will edit it with a ,
  7. The latest incarnation of this is from MOD as part of the Armed Forces Day thing on the 27th.
  8. Is this something to do with Armed Forces Day on June 27th?

The Boss mentioned something a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't really listening at that time on a Sunday afternoon.

I was tempted to give some moral support to the one bloke who turned up in dessies for the TA 100 day, but then again he's a fcuking monkey.

(Yes I know I'm a Rockape and I should show some sympathy, but even I can look down on him.)

Edited to add: Balls, too slow - cheers GreenSlime.
  9. I'm tempted to turn up in No 1s or Mess Dress.................
  10. Or I could wear my kit from when I joined; Trousers Combat baggy arsed and Shirt KF with DMS and Puttees. Maybe even my Mk IV tin lid.............

Or PT kit - Shorts, blue button front and vest, v neck white with daps, white and socks, knee OG.
  11. I'd love to get involved in this but I am strictly forbidden from wearing uniform outside the TAC! It's for a good reason though. Hats off to those participating.
  12. Ooooh. Are we to assume that your uniform is principally dinner suit, skinny bow-tie, washboard abs and a Walther PPK? 8O

Or is it because, like me, you are regularly reminded that you look like a "bag of sh1t tied up in the middle with baling wire"? :D
  13. OTC then? :wink:
  14. Cheers for that JDL, I can now add them to the list of people RAuxAF RAF Regt can actually sneer at.
    (Currently list is: monkeys, OTC... that is all.)