TA Wear your Uniform to work day an evil idea

For reasons which I hope will become apparent I don't think I should post this anywhere but the Naafi.

I always find these ideas a bit stupid, personally I see it a bit like masturbating, my friends know I do it but I don’t want them to see me doing it.

However not wishing to let side down I thought if we followed the plan and all wore our CBRN, in Dress state 3 Romeo, to work on the trains we may get a bit of publicity for the great idea that they keep trying to get us to do.

SHG

It is voluntary, so if you don't want to take part, don't.

msr

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Personally I will be wearing my uniform to work........ As a male stripper I find the ladies are very impressed with my authentic squaddy outfit. The other lads don't even get a look in with their cheap fireman sam and PC plod costumes.

Im not in anymore but i would never do it apart from the inveitable Gareth from the office jibes it just would look out of place. Of course that didnt stop me wearing buckshee boots and gortex when i was in the Labouring game :wink:

socialhandgrenade247 said:
For reasons which I hope will become apparent I don't think I should post this anywhere but the Naafi.

I always find these ideas a bit stupid, personally I see it a bit like masturbating my friends know I do it but I don’t want them to see me doing it.

However not wishing to let side down I thought if we followed the plan and all wore our CBRN, in Dress state 3 Romeo, to work on the trains we may get a bit of publicity for the great idea that they keep trying to get us to do.

SHG
As a matter of interest, how do you masturbate your friends without them seeing you do it? Do you have very small hands?

Is this something to do with Armed Forces Day on June 27th?

The Boss mentioned something a couple of weeks ago, but I wasn't really listening at that time on a Sunday afternoon.

I was tempted to give some moral support to the one bloke who turned up in dessies for the TA 100 day, but then again he's a fcuking monkey.

(Yes I know I'm a Rockape and I should show some sympathy, but even I can look down on him.)

Edited to add: Balls, too slow - cheers GreenSlime.

Or I could wear my kit from when I joined; Trousers Combat baggy arsed and Shirt KF with DMS and Puttees. Maybe even my Mk IV tin lid.............

Or PT kit - Shorts, blue button front and vest, v neck white with daps, white and socks, knee OG.

I'd love to get involved in this but I am strictly forbidden from wearing uniform outside the TAC! It's for a good reason though. Hats off to those participating.

Flashman07 said:
I'd love to get involved in this but I am strictly forbidden from wearing uniform outside the TAC! It's for a good reason though. Hats off to those participating.
Ooooh. Are we to assume that your uniform is principally dinner suit, skinny bow-tie, washboard abs and a Walther PPK? 8O

Or is it because, like me, you are regularly reminded that you look like a "bag of sh1t tied up in the middle with baling wire"? :D

freedomman said:
Flashman07 said:
Ooooh. Are we to assume that your uniform is principally dinner suit, skinny bow-tie, washboard abs and a Walther PPK? 8O

Or is it because, like me, you are regularly reminded that you look like a "bag of sh1t tied up in the middle with baling wire"? :D
OTC then? :wink:

joey_deacons_lad said:
freedomman said:
Flashman07 said:

OTC then? :wink:
Cheers for that JDL, I can now add them to the list of people RAuxAF RAF Regt can actually sneer at.
(Currently list is: monkeys, OTC... that is all.)

Flashman07 said:
HAC Pikeman? :D

That 15' pole is a bugger on the Tube, eh?

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I can see where the CoC is going with this one but I have issues with it. What would the CoC say to a soldier who flips burgers and wants to wear his/her uniform under the Golden Arches or so on. If you say no to that soldier are you saying that working as a burger flipper is not a good enough job.

What about a waste disposal operative? Or the manager of an Army Surplus Shop?

Well, I'm gonna wear my old No.2's, the ones that have a fckuing great 4" gap at the top of the zip. :oops: Fat knacker!!

freedomman said:
Flashman07 said:
They got you with that too? I'm still waiting for the DB7 and the gorgeous bints I was promised...